£5.6 Million Mobile for Development Utilities Innovation Fund
The M4D Utilities Innovation Fund is issuing grants to test and scale mobile technologies that improve access to energy, water and sanitation services in underserved communities. Grants issued to date total £5.6 Million. The deadline for the first round of applications is April 16th.
The fund launched in June 2013 and has awarded grants to 34 organizations worldwide. A catalogue of past and current grantees can be found here.
The Innovation Fund is open to:
- Mobile operators
- Technology solutions providers
- Energy, water, or sanitation services providers, including:
- Decentralised service providers
- Urban and peri-urban utilities, and
- NGOs trialling business model approaches
For more information and a question and answer session about the Mobile for Development Utilities Innovation Fund, please register for one of GSMA’s webinars:
For details and application links please see GSMA.com.