Associate, Standards and Testing, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
Over the past several years, the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (Alliance) has supported the sector to develop international standards under the ISO process. This resulted in the first international lab standard for cookstoves. The Alliance is now shifting focus to support the adoption of these standards globally. The Associate for standards and testing will provide programmatic and administrative support in the areas of standards and testing, including educating, developing and disseminating resources and tools, supporting capacity building at testing centers, and communications. A component of this work will be to support sector actors, including standards bodies, testing centers, manufacturers and others, to understand and adopt new international lab standard on cookstoves. S/he will be an active and contributing member of the Evidence and Impact Team. The role will be in support of the Alliance’s overall mission to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and protect the environment by creating a thriving global market for clean and efficient household cooking solutions.
The Associate reports to the Manager of Technology, Impacts, and Analytics.
Training and Knowledge Management (70%)
- Develop knowledge resources and tools to educate the Alliance’s partners on standards, testing methods and results, and technology selection.
- Assist developing curriculum for and planning of regional workshops on the new lab standard for cookstoves.
- Support the global network of Regional Testing and Knowledge Centers through organizing capacity building activities and maintaining updated harmonized testing methods and training resources.
- Maintain the Clean Cooking Catalog, a database of technologies and fuels, specifications, and performance, including data entry and curation
- Maintain testing and technology resources on the Alliance’s website
Partner engagement, outreach, and communication (20%)
- Develop partnerships with the Alliance’s testing and technology development partners and address queries from partners related to technology selection and testing methods and results.
- Develop and write content for reports, blogs, website and through social media to communicate about the Alliance’s and its partners’ activities to multiple audiences.
Overall Support of Alliance initiatives (10%)
- Assist with the organization of conferences, workshops, and events, including planning, logistics, and coordinating meeting minutes and action items
- Assist with developing proposals, requests for proposals, and grant reporting
- Represent UNF and the Alliance at meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events, as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in related field required, e.g. mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, data science, international and sustainable development. Masters preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of work experience in relevant area, e.g. technology for international development, technology evaluation, and/or knowledge management.
- Proven analytical and project management skills, including the ability to move projects forward from inception to implementation to completion with adherence to deadlines;
- Strong communications skills (speaking, writing, editing, and listening); with attention to detail and broad strategy and experience communicating to different audiences
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly while also providing a strategic and critical eye to identify and address additional gaps;
- Ability and experience in developing, maintaining, and enjoying effective working relationships with people, internally and externally, from a wide variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and with a wide variety of functional expertise;
- Willingness to travel, including internationally
- Flexibility, openness to new challenges, and the ability to thrive as part of a highly functioning, fast-paced group of professionals and to prioritize competing demands;
- Self-starter with the desire for continuous learning and the ability to synthesize information and respond positively to constructive feedback;
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy;
- Ability to represent the organization with professionalism, diplomacy and self-confidence;
- Personal commitment to the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves and United Nations Foundation’s missions; demonstrated knowledge of global issues and the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves and United Nations Foundation’s programs and goals;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, and
- employee assistance program.
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.
- : email@example.com
- : HR
- : Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
- : Job