BBOXX Design Intern
The Solar Revolution needs you!
BBOXX is a UK based company providing an affordable, upgradeable solar solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. Our market leading products and appliances coupled with our SMART Solar platform bring machine-learning and customer experience optimisation to rural Africa. Our ground-breaking financing structure has brought off-grid solar into the World’s financial markets. Whilst our human centred design approach to our retail business ensures that the BBOXX eco-system is poised to massively scale during 2016. With over 70,000 systems deployed so far 300 staff across 5 offices in China, UK and East Africa are waking up every morning to work with BBOXX to electrify 20M people by 2020. We invite you to join us on this journey to electrify rural Africa.
BBOXX are looking for a Design Intern based in their East Africa HQ in Kigali, Rwanda for a 3 to 6-month internship starting October 2016 (flexible).
Through providing electricity and a range of appliances BBOXX has a platform to create the future for off-grid communities. As a Design Intern you will be tasked with developing a deep understanding of our customers to design a component of this off-grid future. By managing a project from conception through to reality you will be impacting 100,000s of BBOXX customers living off-grid.
• You are dedicated to amazing customer product experience: You must be passionate about the lives of our customers and those who live off-grid as you will be responsible for interpreting our customer’s needs and turning them into products and services. Passion and commitment are essential.
• You can solve problems through design: Please tell us about problems you have solved through applying design best-practice in real World situations.
• You have a relentless curiosity and desire to learn: We love curious people, those who ask questions and challenge the status quo. Tell us what excites you and what you want to learn next.
• You are self-starting: You love to get stuck in, build something and take it from there. You have seen something through from an idea to impact and are aware of the commitment required to get it done.
• You deliver and expect the best: At BBOXX, we all want to deliver extraordinary work to grow the solar revolution. We also expect others to do the same.
• You understand the fundamentals of great design: You have studied a design related degree, whether this is industrial design, product design, engineering or architecture.
Benefits: Return flights and salary
How to apply:
Send your C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 16th September, 2016
Only Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : marcus
- : scaramanga
- : BBOXX
- : Job