Charity:Water- Director of Water Sensors
As the Director of Water Sensors at Charity:Water, you’ll be responsible for developing the strategy and scaling up this exciting new solution. You’ll create demand for sensors across the water sector by developing partnerships with governments, private companies, institutional funders and NGO’s. You’ll coordinate the effort to create the next generation of hardware and software. You’ll collaborate with Water Programs teams using sensors to develop use-cases. You’ll manage a portfolio of contractors, consultants, partners and internal stakeholders that are involved in the sensors project.
- Engage with potential strategic partners (i.e. institutional funders, host governments and private sector companies) to identify concrete opportunities for large-scale uses for sensors.
- Develop the business plan(s) and work with the Chief Global Water Officer to incorporate the sensors project into charity: water’s operating plan.
- Oversee the evaluation of the performance of first-generation sensors.
- Provide technical support to Water Programs teams using sensors and project internal demand for sensors on charity: water-funded programs.
- Manage hardware and software development for next-generation sensors.
- Oversee existing network of deployed sensors in the field and develop next-generation sensors for Afridev and India Mark ii hand pumps.
- Coordinate funding needs with Growth team, primarily Key Relationships & Brand Partnerships.
- Coordinate technology & product needs with Tech team.
- Ensure that sensor data is aligned & integrated with charity: water’s overall data systems.
- Represent charity: water in public forums to promote sensors (i.e. conferences, donor meetings, press opportunities, etc…).
- 5 – 7 years experience managing projects in the developing world
- Experience working on water and sanitation programs
You’re a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to help build scalable models that leverage charity: water’s brand, assets, relationships and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals.
You love technology and value innovation
You’re always looking out for the newest tools and coolest gadgets — whether for personal or professional needs — you’re on top of the latest and greatest. You’re comfortable looking for solutions and opportunities outside of the box if they’ll increase the productivity and alignment of the team. You stay on top of the most current apps and programs, constantly looking for ways to use technology to increase efficiency and innovation for your projects.
You’re a team player
You can coordinate efforts with many different departments — both internal and external — to get the job done right. You use sound judgment and intuitive analysis. And you know to follow up to make sure everyone’s on the same page, especially when it comes to donor info and other Accounting tasks.
You’re a people-person and you love building meaningful relationships
You have an innate social intelligence. You’re greatest skill is establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You find joy in mentoring team members.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
- : Human Resources
- : charity:water
- : Job