Electrical Engineer – Brooklyn, NY
BioLite is looking for an experienced EE to join us in developing our next generation of clean energy solutions for both outdoor recreation and emerging markets. In this position you’ll develop hardware for a range of exciting new products with potential for massive global health and environmental impacts.
LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive with other growth-stage companies, including benefits, bonus plan, and equity stock options
- Circuit Development – Design, simulate, ECAD, prototype and debug new embedded electronics. Key areas of functionality include low- and medium-voltage DC-DC power conversion, sensing and signal conditioning, data gathering and storage, memory interfacing and management, and wired and wireless communication via USB, serial and other protocols.
- Design for Manufacturing – Execute and deliver production-ready design artwork and Bills of Materials, calibration and testing infrastructure. Travel and liaise with vendors and manufacturing partners.
- Product Improvement Efforts – Lead and support sustaining engineering projects to continually improve active product portfolio.
- 2-5 years’ experience in electrical design and manufacturing
- Previously shipped a high volume consumer hardware product (oversea supplier experience is ideal)
- Prototype bring up and debugging experience
- Functional verification and validation for new and existing products
- Experience in embedded electronics design and prototyping
- Strong basic electrical engineering foundation
- Experience using troubleshooting and development tools, such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, PSUs, logic analyzers, etc.
- Proficiency in firmware development using C; software development experience with C++, python, MATLAB, etc. a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of humor, proactive nature and work ethic
BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets: developing-world families living in energy poverty, and outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel-independent cooking and electricity.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growth-stage, unique company with both a technical and creative environment in the heart of Brooklyn. If you are looking to work with an agile and ambitious product development team with a passion for the outdoors and a powerful social mission, we’re your company. As an engineer at BioLite you’ll solve challenging and interesting problems, work with an exceptional team, take ideas from concept through to large-scale production, and make a real positive impact on things that matter.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio here
Company is not accepting candidates via recruiters.
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : HR
- : Biolite
- : Job