Field Manager – Dimagi, India
Dimagi’s Field Managers are the main drivers in implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences, developing solutions in trying environments, that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
As a Field Manager, you will dedicate your time to one of our ground-breaking, large-scale mHealth projects, which is transforming community health systems across multiple Indian states, in partnership with central and state governments. You will work with a diverse, collaborative, and international team. You will be based out of Delhi (where our office is located) or Mumbai (a major site for deployment of our system). You will work on deploying CommCare, a mobile phone application for strengthening service delivery of frontline workforces.
You will join our global team of Field Managers and share lessons learned and expertise from around the world. You will receive regular mentorship and support from our office in New Delhi. Within your first two years, you will also have at least one opportunity to travel internationally, either to a different country office or for international project work.
• Gathering software requirements, discussing and getting aligned with stakeholders on system design
• Managing partner relationships, including navigating a diverse eco-system of stakeholders from government officials to subject matter experts to NGO staff to frontline health workers and community members. Building consensus, managing expectations, and coordinating with these groups
• Supporting rollout of mHealth deployments, through ToTs, supportive training content, and logistics management
• Designing scalable systems for sustained management of mHealth deployments, working in conjunction with rollout partners, hardware and software vendors, contact centers, and the government
• Gathering feedback from the mobile users in low-resource settings on the usability and effectiveness of our software, as we continually strive to improve it
• Helping with the structuring of supportive supervision for end users to understand the system, identify or resolve software bugs, and report issues to the appropriate channels
• Continually striving to improve how well, effectively, and innovatively mHealth systems run
• Design and development mobile technology systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare
• Other project management and programmatic support
Skills & Requirements
• 1 – 4+ years of work experience
• Outstanding proactive oral and written communication skills
• Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
• Able to juggle many things at once
• Flexible and able to wear many hats
• Well organised and detail oriented
• Interested and able to work in a multi-cultural team spanning multiple geographies
• Fluent in Hindi
• Fluency in Marathi is a strong asset. Fluency in other Indian languages is also helpful.
• Experience working with the software development life cycle on information and communication technology (ICT) projects
• Experience working in the tuberculosis sector
• Experience working in India
• Project management experience
• Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
• Comfort with mathematics, statistics, or data management
• Desire to make a social impact
Is this the right position for me?
Our Field Manager program is designed for adaptable, self-motivated, team-oriented people. They are software engineers, public health experts, management consultants, and program officers. While we require a 24-month commitment for this position, employment at Dimagi is open ended.
All first-year Field Managers receive a salary that covers their living expenses for the year, including food, housing, travel, and leisure activities, encouraging a ‘frugal but comfortable’ lifestyle. All project travel is also reimbursed. Upon strong performance in the first year, Field Managers will receive a significant salary increase in their second year, as well as have the option to take on increased responsibility in their long-term careers. Dimagi is very flexible in terms of growth and career progression, and is often able to accommodate people’s interests in defining their current and future roles.
Other Job Perks
• Extensive onboarding. This includes 2 weeks of training, followed by shadowing on existing projects, location depending on project availability.
• Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two field managers’ takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.
• Do you like travel? You will get unique opportunities to travel internationally within your first two years, either to a different country for project travel, to a different country office, or both.
• If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one round-trip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.
• ‘Personal Initiative Days’. This is blocked off time, outside of work responsibilities, to come up with tangible outputs of impactful ideas that align with your job.
• Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off.
• Health and travel insurance. Dimagi provides an employer-sponsored health insurance plan for Dimagi India staff and insurance on business trips.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to us by following the link http://grnh.se/itgs7l1. Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- : email@example.com
- : Katyayni
- : Sharma
- : Dimagi Software Innovations Pvt Ltd
- : Job