Global health hackathon
Join Baylor College of Medicine and TMC Innovation to solve some of the greatest challenges in global health. The Global Health Hackathon is a two-week long summit that provides a collaborative environment for the best and brightest minds to be a part of something exciting, inspiring, and fun that will impact the way healthcare is delivered to millions of people around the world!
This year’s hackathon will focus on women’s health, global health security and capacity strengthening to reduce infectious disease threats worldwide, and remote medical guidance through telemedicine and tele-training. Because these challenges in global health are complex, we are looking for hackers with a multitude of backgrounds including but not limited to:
Overview of the Global Health Hackathon:
1) Hackers will convene on June 12th,2017 for the kick-off event, where challenges will be presented, hackers will pitch their ideas, and create multi-disciplinary teams of 3-6 people.
2) Hackers will have one week to create an initial concept related to one of the challenges.
3) An initial pitch session and design review will occur.
4) Cash prizes will be awarded for teams with greatest capacity to impact global health.
5) The remaining teams will have the final week to further develop their innovation before pitching their concept and business plan to a panel of judges.
Cash prizes are available for teams whose concepts have capacity to improve global health. The winning team will receive 6 months free co-working space at the TMC Innovation Institute and access to TMCx accelerator & TMC Biodesign programming to further develop their innovations.
For more information and to register, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/global-health-hackathon-tickets-31717044534
- : email@example.com
- : caroline
- : soyars
- : baylor college of medicine
- : Competition