Graduate/Junior Developer (Software/Firmware)
Connected Energy is a social enterprise developing Internet of Things (IOT) solutions to improve service provision of renewable energy in the developing world. We have an opportunity for a Junior Software and/or Firmware developer to join our Edinburgh team in May 2018 on a full-time basis.
You will be based in our office in the centre of Edinburgh where you will become part of a newly formed team developing our two products for the off-grid energy sector: the Smart Biogas Network and Cloud Solar. Both combine IoT sensors with payment and maintenance services, hence increasing energy access by improving the value of renewable energy solutions of our clients and partners.
As a Junior Software/Firmware developer you will be responsible for one or more of the following areas, depending on your skill set:
2. Development of new embedded firmware and features for the hardware and communication systems for our IoT solutions.
3. Involvement in the development of the backend for Smart Biogas Network and Cloud Solar.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or a related subject or someone who has completed a coding Bootcamp (e.g. CodeClan). All candidates should have the following qualities:
• Experience in working collaboratively to develop software or firmware solutions
• A desire to produce clean high quality code
• Able to take initiative, be self-motivated to problem solve, debug and bring tasks to completion.
You also will need to have experience of at least one of the following:
• Developing Python code, including experience with Scipy, Numpy
• Working with Arduino type micro-controllers and able to write C++
• Web app development (html, css, scss, bootstrap).
• Experience in Cyber Security.
Ideally you would have an understanding or experience of:
• Postgresql, git, RESTfull APIs
• Software design patterns
• Participatory design.
Benefits connected with this position include:
1. The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team working on projects that bring together tech and international development, making a positive difference to off-grid households
2. Possibility of field trips to East Africa and Asia during the roll-out phase
3. 32 days annual leave (including public and bank holidays)
To apply for this position please email your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the position, to email@example.com by 9am on 30th April 2018. Please put “Software/Firmware Developer” in the email subject.
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : Joel
- : Chaney
- : Connected Energy Technologies
- : Job