- Directly influence the design and development of Angaza’s software platform, mobile app, and solar device feedback by synthesizing user needs and observations using a human-centered design approach.
- Develop Angaza’s product design approach, prototyping methodology, user testing processes, and iteration techniques to ensure an overall high quality and usability of our Pay-As-You-Go platform. Help create innovative technology that our customers love!
- Develop a deep understanding of all stakeholder needs in the Pay-As-You-Go value chain and consistently disseminate these user research findings throughout the Angaza team.
- Instill an understanding of the human-centered design process throughout the Angaza team and cultivate a culture of implementing it.
- Assist Angaza’s sales and marketing teams with developing customer stories, case studies, and media announcements.
- Utilize both qualitative and quantitative research, from user observations to software analytics, to create and validate design hypotheses.
Typical Day to Day
- Gain inspiration and empathy through direct interaction with our distribution partners, local sales agents, and off-grid consumers by conducting field research in East Africa and around the globe.
- Develop personas and craft user needs by using media (video/photos) and observation/interview notes as the foundation for your recommendations.
- Test software feature prototypes with users to discover usability pain points in order to recommend improvements.
- Work closely with Angaza’s product management and software development teams to ensure design decisions are based directly on learnings from the field.
- Influence the evolution of Angaza’s distributor sales and training processes by identifying new partner pain points.
- 3+ years of experience leveraging user research, human-centered design, or design ethnography in a professional setting.
- Real-world experience applying design thinking to software development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an effective approach to collaboration.
- Happiness in a very dynamic, fast-paced, flexible (and fun!) atmosphere
- Experience with design for developing markets a plus
Send your résumé, cover letter, and design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Angaza Human-Centered Designer – YOURNAME”. Due to application volume, we can only follow up with the most promising candidates. We plan to fill this position quickly, with a start date as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you!