Impact innovator internship – based in the Netherlands
At the BoP Innovation Center we are excited by new technologies and the radical improvements they can bring to the lives of low-income producers, entrepreneurs and consumers. In 2017 we took on the challenge to find a feasible application for Virtual Reality within the challenging context of the Base of the Pyramid (BoP). This led to the launch of the very first VR-based sales tool for toilet companies in Africa. We can’t wait to work on the next big thing. You will play a key role in helping us to understand the potential of other technologies such as Blockchain, Internet of Things, and Artificial Intelligence on the BoP.
HELP US BUILD CONCEPTS & PROTOTYPES
Once you have helped us to understand the potential of these technologies, you will help us to translate them into tangible ideas. Within our existing programs there are ample opportunities to collect feedback and refine your concepts. Together we will look for funding opportunities and partners to kickstart a project for Proof-of-Concept. In this journey, you will be the linking pin with external technology providers (e.g. developers).
WE LOOK FOR:
A hands-on and creative intern that translates 2-3 technologies into tangible concepts within the internship period.
You tick at least 6 out of 7 boxes:
- You are based in the Netherlands (or willing to move on own costs)
- You are enrolled in a masters program or just starting your career
- You are enthusiastic about the BoP and have travelled in Africa or Asia
- You have a strong interest in emerging technologies
- You are familiar with Blockchain and might have some Bitcoins yourself
- You have the attitude and skills of a designer and can facilitate creative sessions
- You are not afraid to pitch your ideas to an investor
- A 3 to 6 month internship position at our office in Utrecht
- Internship salary of 400 Euro per month
- A fun and dedicated team to work in
- In-company guidance to complete your internship according to educational requirements
Depending on your ideas and our projects, you may even have the chance to shoot content yourself in Africa or Asia.
Apply before 12 January 2017
(but really apply right now!)
For any questions regarding this position please contact Gerwin Jansen (email@example.com or call us on +31 (0)30 4100910)
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : Gerwin
- : Jansen
- : BoP Innovation Center
- : Job