Civil Engineer volunteer opportunity in Nepal
The volunteer will oversee the construction of a prototype family house in the Gorkha District of Nepal and will coordinate with Lead Nepal UK www.leadnepal.org.uk and with Namlo Europa www.namloeuropa.org
Starting time: March 1st 2016 – Duration: 3 to 4 months.
Preference given to applicants with prior experience volunteering in a developing country.
• Coordinating efforts with Lead Nepal UK, the Namlo Europa representative in Nepal, the local community leaders and local volunteers to follow the construction methodology and the construction plans.
• Providing technical guidance to local construction personnel.
• Negotiating with suppliers to obtain best prices and timely deliveries of quality construction materials.
• Submitting monthly project timeline and budgets.
• Submitting weekly progress reports and pictures.
• Submitting receipts and or invoices for all construction expenditures.
Civil Engineer with three years of direct professional experience in design and construction of infrastructure similar to that proposed in the project (a single family dwelling).
• Capacity to oversee the project and work with the local leaders to complete the project according to the established design, budget and timeline.
• Ability to transfer engineering knowledge to both team members and the community.
• Capacity to communicate across language and cultural barriers.
• Sensitivity and respect for local culture.
• Ability to work well with diverse groups and facilitate meetings.
• Understanding of the fundamentals of Namlo Europa’s community-driven approach.
• Ability to critically analyze all possible solutions by evaluating the intended and unintended consequences of the project.
• Ability to adapt to the living conditions in the host community.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- : email@example.com
- : Gil
- : Daryn
- : Namlo Europa and Lead Nepal UK
- : Array