Proximity Designs: Senior Business Designer
Proximity Designs is an internationally recognized social enterprise, designing and marketing innovative products and services for families in rural Myanmar. We offer affordable products and services in the areas of agriculture and rural finance, which boost household productivity and incomes. Since launching in 2004, we’ve served more than 500,000 Myanmar households and created $230 million in income increase.
Guided by design-thinking mentality, we at Proximity Labs understand the fruits of our design projects can only be effective and scale with viable and sustainable business models in place. This is where your passion
and expertise step in. As a Senior Business Designer, you will apply business tools – such as financial modelling and market analysis – to scope and evaluate the viability of new products and services designed to increase incomes for smallholder farmers in Myanmar. You will lead and support design teams and work across Proximity’s three business units – farm extension services, irrigation products and microfinance. The work you do will help strengthen our creations, and bring tremendous benefits to farmers in Myanmar.
What You Will Do
• Provide deliverable business strategies and reliable financial modeling support to high impact Proximity Labs projects
• Contribute to multidisciplinary product and service design teams through participating in research, workshops, and prototyping
• Represent Proximity Labs while working collaboratively with business units and other teams within the organization, and actively contribute to the development of the Labs team
• You have at least 4 years of work experience in designing financial models that both analyze and project the performance of businesses.
• You’re at home with numbers and spreadsheets, and can demonstrate a track record of developing, scoping and evaluating the commercial potential for new products and services.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is a must, as you are expected to engage frequently with senior management and business leads. Ability to speak Burmese is a plus
• You are a proactive worker and thinker who are comfortable with autonomy and uncertainty, and eager to tackle challenges.
• You are motivated by Proximity’s values and our commitment to creating positive social impact. This means you are humble, empathetic and will find joy inxw traveling through rural areas and talking with farmers. Knowledge in agricultural products and services and/or microfinance institutions is a plus.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Business Designer” in the subject line by October 6th. Please include: your CV, a cover letter expressing your interest in Proximity and why you’re
the ideal candidate for the role, and (optional) a relevant sample of your work. You will be contacted during the week of October 9th if you have been selected for interview. Final decisions will be announced by
the first week of November.
- : email@example.com
- : Proximity
- : HR
- : Proximity Designs
- : Job