Proximity Designs: Senior Service Designer
Proximity Designs is an internationally recognized social enterprise, designing and marketing innovative products and services for families in rural Myanmar. We offer affordable products and services in the areas of agriculture and rural finance, which boost household productivity and incomes. Since launching in 2004, we’ve served more than 500,000 Myanmar households and created $230 million in income increase.
As a Senior Service Designer with Proximity Labs, you will lead cross-cultural teams to design services that improve Myanmar farmers’ wellbeing. You will scope, design, prototype and launch new services that are
user-centered, high impact, scalable and, in some cases, digital. These services must also be highly affordable and accessible so to address some of the largest issues faced by Myanmar farmers today. If you are an empathetic individual with a strong background in service design, we would love to hear from you!
What You Will Do
• Lead multicultural and multidisciplinary teams in running medium-scale service design projects, including conducting field research, brainstorming, prototyping and reporting
• Coach staff on the design process and champion a design approach to problem solving
• Represent Proximity Labs to the larger organization, and actively contribute to development of the Labs team
• You have at least 4 years of work experience managing a range of projects, including designing and implementing services, improvement programs and/or social ventures.
• You have a solid understanding of principles and practices behind social design, including user research, prototyping/ piloting, service blueprinting and co-designing.
• You are driven by both business outcomes and social impact, as on any given day, you may negotiate commercial opportunities or conduct impact-monitoring work. Business or financial modeling skills are a plus.
• Though prior work experience in the agricultural sector is strongly preferred, the importance of empathy and a genuine desire to learn about farmers goes beyond experience as they are essential to excelling in this position.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is a must, as you are expected to engage frequently with senior management and business leads. Ability to speak Burmese is a plus.
• You are a proactive worker and thinker who are comfortable managing uncertainty and changing priorities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Service Designer” in the subject line by October 6th. Please include: your CV, a cover letter expressing your interest in Proximity and why you’re
the ideal candidate for the role, and (optional) a relevant sample of your work. You will be contacted during the week of October 9th if you have been selected for interview. Final decisions will be announced by
the first week of November.
- : email@example.com
- : Proximity
- : HR
- : Proximity Designs
- : Job