Senior Design Engineer with D-Rev
About the Position:
D-Rev is seeking a Senior Design Engineer with a core backbone in mechanical engineering. This person will be responsible for engineering activities for D-Rev’s existing and upcoming product lines. This individual will bring thoughtful, hands-on prototyping and detailed technical design to D-Rev’s work. Independent, dynamic individuals that know mechanical design inside and out and are capable of executing all technical facets of development to get products to market will excel in this role. Our ideal candidate also has experience with medical devices and the social sector. This position will report to senior management.
Location: San Francisco, CA
D-Rev is an international nonprofit company that designs and delivers medical technologies to close the quality healthcare gap for under-served populations. We are a portfolio design company that prioritizes the user in the development of products, and has been recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative organizations and the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer. The scaling of our first product Brilliance is monumental in global health – it is one of the earliest examples of a nonprofit-developed global health product scaling through the market and impacting the world’s poorest patients. To date Brilliance has treated over 100,000 babies and is sold in 37 countries. Please refer to www.d-rev.org for more information on D-Rev and our projects.
Drive, contribute to, or manage design of new and existing products at any stage of the technical design process, including but not limited to conceptual development, prototyping, proof of concept, and verification testing.
- Develop and test concepts and prototypes (mechanical and electrical) – build test setups, develop test protocols, analyze testing data to refine design.
- Draft and manage mechanical models using Autodesk Inventor and Mechanical Simulation CAD/FEA package.
- Investigate and resolve technical problems involving performance of any of our existing products.
- Iterate prototypes and products based on user and partner feedback.
- Use good documentation practices to keep a record of design changes and testing in D-Rev’s medical device quality system.
- Manage third-party manufacturers and contractors that may be involved with product development, manufacturing and testing.
- Manage and participate in electro-mechanical prototyping and potentially electrical and software engineering activities.
- Assess problems using technical, market, and social impact lens to support strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Strong product development background with at minimum a BS in mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in product engineering and design, 5 years of mechanical engineering experience within the medical device sector preferred.
- Familiarity with clinical regulatory submissions and clinical testing.
- Experience in the design, development and/or scaling of products in low-income regions.
- Independent thinker with a history of taking initiative and a bias towards action
- Ability to travel periodically for a total of 2-4 weeks annually (1-2 weeks twice per year).
How to Apply:
- Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate “Senior Design Engineer” in the subject line of the email.
- D-Rev offers a competitive nonprofit salary and benefits package
D-Rev is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. D-Rev encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), age, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.