Senior Mechanical Engineer
BURN is looking for a driven candidate to fill the Senior Mechanical Engineer position at its modern clean cookstove manufacturing facility in Ruiru, Kiambu. He/she will Develop, improve and implement manufacturing processes, including tools and jigs for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
Roles and responsibilities
• Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product.
• Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents.
• Root cause analysis and trouble-shooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
• Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic systems.
• Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
• Read and manipulate models and drawings in CAD.
• Problem finder and solver.
• Hands on.
• Action oriented.
• Mechanical aptitude, ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling.
• Excellent communicator.
• Detail oriented and well organized.
• Works well in a team.
• Comfortable working with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, welders, etc.
• Familiarity with basic metrology as it applies to our stove parts and tooling.
• Welding and fabrication skills are preferable.
• Experience in a medium volume, medium tech manufacturing setting, preferable.
• Electrical control system basics is preferable.
• Solidworks CAD skills: able to read drawings and complete design work
Send cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- : email@example.com
- : Anne
- : ngumo
- : BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- : Job