Slow Tools Conference Coordinator
Stone Barns Center is offering a temporary seasonal position to support the development and presentation of a cross disciplinary conference dedicated to improving the design process, efficiency and intimacy associated with Small Farm Tool technologies. Please see description below:
Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is a nonprofit organization on a mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system. We are working to develop a culture of eating based on what farms need to grow to build healthy soil and a resilient ecosystem. In our quest to transform the way America eats and farms, we convene changemakers, educate food citizens, train farmers, and develop agroecological farming practices.
Slow Tools Conference Project Coordinator (Part-time, Temporary September 2018-February 2019)
Supervised by the Farm Director and working closely with the Events Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and execution of the inaugural Slow Tools Conference taking place at Stone Barns Center in mid-February 2019. The position will generally require twelve to sixteen hours per week.
Slow Tools looks to revitalize the shared social interest in intelligent, intimate and efficient technology applied to improve the economy and well-being of the human scale farm. This two-day conference of up to 50 attendees, will bring together a cross disciplinary group of innovative farmers, design and mechanical engineers, manufacturers, entrepreneurs and journalists. With a goal of improving human presence on the farm, reducing the mechanical work and increasing efficiency of production, the conference participants will consider through exercises, narrative and debate, how to catalyze change in the design process for modern, precision tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Curate and create the schedule of conference workshops, panels and events
• Conduct outreach to secure conference presenters
• Work with an Advisory Panel to identify the participant invitation list
• With the Development team, identify and communicate with event sponsors
• With the Media/digital team, curate online content related to the event
• Prepare and track the event budget
• Correspond with conference participants
• Coordinate travel and honoraria for event speakers
• Coordinate with internal departments, including Facilities on event set up
• Perform all other duties necessary to support the conference
Required Skills and Experience:
• Passion for the work and mission of Stone Barns Center
• Experience in event planning or related field
• Interest in farm innovation/experimentation and agro engineering
• Strong office skills using Microsoft Office suite and Outlook. A/V knowledge a plus.
• High energy, self-starter able to work independently and on a team
• Ability to prioritize, balance working on multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a part-time, temporary position. Compensation is on an hourly basis at $15 per hour.
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and the position to: email@example.com.
Stone Barns Center is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : JAck
- : Algiere
- : Stone BArns Center for Food & Agriculture
- : Job