Technical Field Manager
All interested candidates should apply through the following link: https://grnh.se/ky704q5j1
Dimagi’s Technical Field Managers are the main drivers in implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences and developing solutions for trying environments that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
As a Technical Field Manager, you will dedicate your time to one of our ground-breaking, large-scale mHealth projects, which is transforming community health systems across multiple Indian states, in partnership with central and state governments. You will work with a diverse, collaborative, and international team. You will be based out of Delhi (where our office is located). You will work on creating and deploying mobile applications, based on our CommCare platform, for strengthening service delivery of front-line workforce.
You will join our global team of Field Managers and share lessons learned and expertise from around the world. You will receive regular mentorship and support from our office in New Delhi. Within your first two years, you will also have at least one opportunity to travel internationally, either to a different country office or for international project work.
In your first two years at Dimagi India, based on a combination of skills, interests, and opportunities, you will specialize in areas such as technical design and application development, quality assurance processes, and reporting functionalities on one of our large-scale projects. In the medium to long term, Dimagi is flexible in terms of growth and career progression, and strives to accommodate your interests in defining your future role.
The salary range for Technical Field Managers is INR 853,343 – INR 960,011 per annum. We have a skills-based performance and development system that rewards people for building their skills. Your performance will determine your future growth at Dimagi. As you move forward, there are substantial changes in compensation. Currently, we also correct employee compensation every 6 months for cost of living and currency fluctuations.
– Project needs assessments and technology requirements definition
– Design of mHealth applications, bringing together the best combination of stakeholder inputs, field feedback, technical feasibility, and robust architectural principles
– Preparation of detailed software specifications that convert design documents into practical instructions for CommCare application builders and for software engineers to build out requisite functionality
– Building mHealth and eHealth systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare, using CommCare’s application building tools
– Development of software test plans, as well as load testing and quality assurance (QA) of our mobile tools
– Explaining project matters to the technical team and technical matters to the project team
– Building the capacity of the support team to address post deployment support matters
– Technical documentation
– Other project management and capacity building support
Skills & Requirements
– Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related – or equivalent work experience
– Experience with XML, MySQL or other relational database, Excel, and Access
– 1 – 4+ years of work experience
– Outstanding proactive oral and written communication skills
– Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
– Able to juggle many things at once
– Able to get things done
– Flexible and able to wear many hats
– Well organised and detail oriented
– Interest in living in India in the medium term
– Interested and able to work in a multi-cultural team distributed across the globe
Note that experience with software programming is NOT a requirement, since Dimagi tools allow applications to be built by system administrators through a user-friendly web interface.
– Fluency in Hindi or other Indian languages is an asset
– Quantitative data management and data analysis skills
– Experience with the complete software development lifecycle
– Experience working in India
– Desire to make a social impact
Is this the right position for me?
The ideal candidate is interested in understanding what makes technology work in practice in low-resource settings. This person is able to self-organize and self-manage, thrives on the intricacy and challenge of application design and project management and functions at a high level when interacting with partners. This person is detail-oriented and comfortable with mobile tools, and, if she does not have software development experience already, has at least been exposed to the software development process. While we require a 24-month commitment for this position, employment at Dimagi is open ended.
Other job perks
– Extensive onboarding. This includes 2 weeks of training, followed by shadowing on existing projects, location depending on project availability.
– Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two field managers’ takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.
– Do you like travel? You will get unique opportunities to travel internationally within your first two years, either to a different country for project travel, to a different country office, or both.
If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one round-trip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.
– Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off.
– Health and travel insurance. Dimagi provides an employer-sponsored health insurance plan for Dimagi India staff and insurance on business trips.
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : Katyayni
- : Sharma
- : Dimagi India
- : Job