Technical Project Manager
All interested candidates can apply using the following link: HTTPS://GRNH.SE/BDG1TPU21
Founded out of Harvard and MIT in 2002, Dimagi is an award-winning, 120-person software company that develops leading mobile technology for low-resource settings. Dimagi is a recognized social enterprise and certified Benefit Corporation, reflecting our commitment to making a real impact. Our team is impact-minded, diverse, dedicated, and they love what they do. Do you have a strong desire to make an impact in the tech-for-good space? Then come join us on the next leg of our journey.
Dimagi’s product, CommCare, is a leading software platform that enables anyone to design and launch customized mobile applications for Android devices. Organizations worldwide are using mobile apps built with CommCare – be it to support community health programs in India, microfinance cooperatives in Senegal, or research studies in the United States
Dimagi India is looking for a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to drive the implementation and delivery of mHealth projects in India. Based out of the Delhi, this position will report into Senior Leadership of the Global Services team at Dimagi and would include some travel. The TPM will join our team of local and international staff to learn and share best practices and expertise from across the globe.
Technical Project Managers at Dimagi blend technical design and consulting skills to solve complex challenges using Dimagi’s platform and more general technology principles in low-resource settings. They travel to project sites to meet end users, understand their needs, and design a solution that combines mobile apps with non-technology workflows.
– The objectives for this position is to take on overall technical accountability for projects, to ensure all business requirements are managed correctly, expectations are coordinated across teams and departments, and deliverables are implemented in a timely fashion. Specific responsibilities include (but are not restricted to):
– Take project management ownership of technical work streams of enterprise and medium-sized projects, including translation of business needs into technical requirements and design, management of technical efforts and timelines, quality of product delivery, and proactive communication of status updates and information gaps.
– Manage a team of Dimagi’s Global Services staff members in order to develop solutions and configure complex features.
– Coordinate between Dimagi’s Tech teams and Global Services teams to ensure accountability and technical project deliverables
– Work with teams to improve team pain points with workflows and processes
– Co -lead external conversations with Global Services team members to promote understanding of technical capabilities and limitations of Dimagi’s offerings, timelines, and what expectations to set externally, as well as to engage in collaborative solutioning
– Have the ability to write appropriate technical documentation when needed, for example, technical design documents or reports to funders
– Manage a project plan, tracking action items, owners, and priorities.
Who you are?
You are proactive, dedicated and interested in making technology work in low-resource settings. Additionally, you are self driven , detail oriented, like the fast paced/social atmosphere of a start- up and most importantly are driven by a desire to create real impact. You are Comfortable with unstructured problems and enjoy managing complexities under pressure
Skills & Experience
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or technology, from a recognized University
– 5 years of minimum experience, which includes at least 2 years experience in managing the software development life cycle.
– Demonstrated expertise in collecting and managing requirements from different stakeholders and delivering against those
– Demonstrated experience working in and coordinating amongst dynamic technical and non-technical teams
– Demonstrated reliability to deliver on time, and ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex projects
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
– Eligible to work in or obtain a work visa for India
Good to have:
– Experience with reporting tools, including UI/UX design for reporting
– Prior experience of having worked in ICT projects in India
– Prior experience working with the Indian government
– Product management or software development experience
– Consulting experience delivering enterprise software implementations or other technical field
The last date for accepting application is April 5, 2018
Please include a Cover Letter with your application explaining your interest in Dimagi and your suitability and motivation for this position.
In return we offer, an international working environment: Our staff has travelled to 42 countries for work, employee centric policies: flexible working hours, excellent health insurance and generous time off. Compensation will depend on level of experience and qualifications but will be competitive with local rates. We request a 2-year commitment for this position, but employment is at-will according to company policies.
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : Katyayni
- : Sharma
- : Dimagi India
- : Job