Amperon is the leading analytics and forecasting company for the energy transition. Our platform leverages advanced algorithms and machine learning techniques to accurately forecast energy demand on both the supply (power & utilities companies) and demand (large energy users) sides of the market. We incorporate real-time data feeds that help our clients reduce cost, monitor energy efficiency while increasing substantially.
We bring the brightest mind from energy, security and technology in order to combat climate changes and transition to clean energy solutions. We have offices in Texas but are a remote first company.
You will be playing a critical role in building out the foundation of our data stack. It is a force-multiplier development role that allows an engineer to have an impact broadly across engineering, data science and business. Engineers and data scientists will appreciate the ease of accessing the data while the business will appreciate the insights provided by the data in order to launch new products plus better serve our customers.
Problems you’ll solve
- Rebuilding systems to identify more efficient ways to process data.
- Automate the entire forecasting pipeline, including data collection, preprocessing, model training, and deployment,
- Continuously monitor system performance and optimize data processing workflows to reduce latency and improve efficiency.
- Set up real-time monitoring for data feeds to detect anomalies or issues promptly.
- Utilize distributed computing and parallel processing to handle large-scale data
- Design your data infrastructure to be scalable to accommodate future growth in data volume and sources.
You may be a fit for this role if
You have senior level experience within data engineering with primary focus using Python.
You have experience with cloud-based infrastructure (Kubernetes/Docker) and data services (GCP, AWS, Azure, et al) and data tooling. You have experience building data pipelines with a proven track record of delivering results that impact the business. You have experience working on complex large codebase with a focus on refactoring and enhancements. You have experience building data monitoring pipelines with a focus on scalability.