This project objective is to understand the potential market acceptance for low-carbon alternative materials across different user segments, to help in tailoring distribution capabilities and product introduction of these materials.
CarbonBuilt has developed a process technology that can substantially reduce the embodied carbon in concrete products. It consists of 1) replacing most or all of the expensive, high carbon intensity cement in concrete with a locally-optimized mix of low cost industrial byproduct materials and 2) curing the concrete with biogenic or atmospheric carbon dioxide, permanently mineralizing it into concrete.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Gauge interest in low-carbon alternative materials by various end users.
- Refine market size by specific regions to determine and prioritize viable distribution points.
- Create a basic business model to inform future decisions.
The project’s deliverable will provide transparency and clarity on the low-carbon material landscape that is available within North America which will help CarbonBuilt prioritize the concrete producers which will achieve the greatest carbon reduction.
Skills / Experience:
- Data Analysis + Statistics
- Financial Analysis / Business Model Development
- Interviewing / User Research
- Market research design and execution
- Industrial, manufacturing or process engineering
- Civil engineering
Preferred fellow local experience (all projects can be completed remotely):
- Any, but understanding of North American context may be useful
Time zone compatibility (when the Fellow should be available for meetings):
- PDT/CDT/EDT (UTC-7 – UTC-4)