Network Manager, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network, Kuala Lumpur
The SDSN seeks a talented individual to help develop National and Regional SDSNs in Asia, and to support their efforts to localize the Sustainable Development Goals.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) seeks a Network Manager for Kuala Lumpur. SDSN has established National and Regional SDSNs such as the one in Kuala Lumpur to accelerate practical problem solving for sustainable development at local, national, and regional levels.
These networks are very active and are playing a leading role in localizing the SDGs in their regions.
This position will be employed by Sunway University in Kuala Lumpur.
The SDSN is seeking a dynamic and talented individual to help develop and manage National and Regional SDSNs in Asia, and to support their efforts to localize the Sustainable Development Goals. Based out of the KL office of the SDSN, the Manager will report to the Head of Networks and work closely with the SDSN team. The position requires international travel.
- Work with several National and Regional SDSNs in Asia to support them in establishing their structures, recruit members, develop and implement ambitious work programs, and mobilize resources.
- Support the membership drive of the SDSN in Asia and lead the establishment of new partnerships with the objective of expanding SDSN’s impact, mobilizing funds and/or developing opportunities for covering geographic gaps.
- Build SDSN services for members, including communications platforms, databases, capacity building, and templates.
- Manage budgets associated with activities under their responsibility.
- Represent the SDSN at meetings and conferences.
- Prepare and contribute to SDSN publications and events.
- Work with leading scientists, government leaders and business executives to support their effective work in the SDSN.
- Support new special initiatives of the SDSN.