The project objectives are to research sectors with insufficient public domain data to determine needs, suitable product structures, and investment feasibility to be included in Sangam‘s investment thesis – followed by structuring a suitable way to provide access to that capital. Examples of such sectors are Soil Carbon, Local Biodiversity, etc.
Sangam Ventures is a seed and early-stage venture fund that invests to improve access to sustainable energy and resource productivity solutions for the underserved in India that can lead to inclusive development and the creation of communities that are resilient to climate change.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Sectoral deep dives to identify pain points and gaps.
- Primary research involving stakeholders in cases where data is not readily available.
- Creating reports and visuals to present the findings meaningfully.
Through this project, Sanagam intends to expand the investment thesis to underserved sectors that do not have access to capital because they do not fit the financial products available in the market or there is insufficient data around the impact as well as the returns on them.
Skills / Experience:
- Data Analysis + Statistics
- Financial Analysis / Business Model Development
- A background in core engineering fields/data science/energy studies may be beneficial
Preferred Fellow Local Experience (All projects can be completed remotely):
- New Delhi, India
Preferred Timezone (when the Fellow should be available for meetings):
- IST (UTC+5:30)