The project objective is to develop a template that Prime’s impact team can use to produce quantitative analyses of climate impact potential. The template should include a graphical output of calculation results and a user-friendly interface to support easy customization by non-technical audiences. The project aims to develop a template and associated workflow that retains the best features of currently used tools (Excel and Python notebooks) while also providing sensitivity analysis and optimization (threshold-seeking) capabilities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Understand user needs within Prime staff and as well as audiences.
- Recommend a tool that maximizes usability across multiple audiences.
- Create a template and documentation for analyzing impact potential using the recommended tool
Prime Coalition is a nonprofit organization that steers and influences capital to support scalable solutions to climate change. This project will enable Prime’s impact team to streamline its impact potential analyses, with a repeatable process for analysts and an accessible, consistent format for readers. The impact of this work will affect not only the ongoing screening of investments for Azolla Ventures, but also its Early Climate Infrastructure program and future funds to be developed over the next decade in pursuit of Prime’s 10-year strategic vision.
Skills / Experience:
- Interviewing / User Research
- Data Analysis + Statistics
- Programming proficiency (intermediate)
- Proficiency with Excel and Python
- Familiarity with a broader suite of tools for making shareable and editable quantitative models
- Basic knowledge of forward-looking impact potential analysis.
Preferred Fellow Local Experience (All projects can be completed remotely):
Time zone compatibility (when the Fellow should be available for meetings):
- PDT – EDT (UTC-7 – UTC-4)