FarmLens is a image processing and analytic cloud-based service for monitoring crop health and supporting precision decisions in the field
Partners: John Deere, Climate Fieldview, aWhere, Winfield, AGCO
Basic plan: 89 USD/month
Professional plan: 159 USD/month
Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Connectivity requirement for the product/service to work (Mobile Internet, SMS, voice, Fixed Internet, Wi-Fi, etc)
Device(s) type required for the product/service to work. (smartphone ,feature phone, computer, tablet, other [specify])
Mobile data coverage required for the product/service to work (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, broadband, dial-up, other [specify])
Connectivity requirement for the product/service to work. Some apps/services can work offline (If No [specify] or Other [specify])
Usage rate for the app/voice-SMS service – to be determined if the manufacturers are willing to share this number.
Device features required for the product/service to work. (Bluethooth, Wifi, camera, IVR, GPS, Accelerometers/Motion sensors, physiologic biosensors, biometric identifiers, SIM, Memory card (e.g microSD), other [specify])
Is the product/service able to receive and send back information to the user?
Support according to the literacy level required from the user. If no, the user is intended to be literate
Operating System required and Software version ((Android, IOs, Windows, or other [specify]))
Power supply required for the product/service to work. (Uninterrupted power supply (UPS), ocassional power supply [minimum time required], other)e
Specify the application that serves the improvement of food system’s outcome (Connection to market, Supply chain information, Education on farming practices, Weather information, Localization information, etc)
- Image Stitching (RGB,NIR)
- Color Contrast For Field Health Report
- Variable Application Report
- PDF Reports with Weather Data
- User Selectable Output Resolution
- Digital Surface Models
Approximate ROI: $15/acre. Higher ROI for high value crops, prone to diseases (e.g. potatoes, citrus, almonds and bananas).4
Drone for picture taking with at least 10 megapixel camera
Unknown for FarmLens
Several academic researches for Agribotix drone solutions:
- Anthony King. Technology: The Future of Agriculture. Nature volume 544, pages S21–S23 (27 April 2017)
- Karl Heinz Pilz and Simon Feichter. How robots will revolutionize agriculture. JJST media.
- Loffi, J. M., Wallace, R. J., Jacob, J. D., & Dunlap, J. C. (2016). Seeing the Threat: Pilot Visual Detection of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems in Visual Meteorological Conditions. International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics, and Aerospace, 3(3)
4. Agricultural Drones: what farmers need to know. Agribotix.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.