This project will support Splash Social Enterprises (SSE) in developing technical documentation and materials for its handwashing and drinking water stations, which can be used in the field and for marketing purposes. SSE wants to ensure that its product information is easy to understand and accessible for those from non-technical backgrounds and with different language abilities. This project will involve extracting key information from existing drawings and gaining an understanding of the products, in order to develop materials including product manuals, assembly models, animations and other visuals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creating ‘how-to’ slide decks and videos with animations
- Producing assembly drawings and models
- Producing technical manuals
SSE designs, manufactures, and distributes durable and affordable handwashing stations and drinking water stations that are used in schools and healthcare facilities to improve the health and well being outcomes for children. This project will allow for better understanding of the products both by users and potential customers.
Skills / Experience:
- CAD Modeling
- CAD Rendering
- Graphic Design
- Creativity, with experience in developing visual representations, training/product videos, and manuals.
- Experience communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Interest in the customer journey and what goes into developing products.
- Desired experience with some or all of: Infraworks, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing/Process Engineering, Product Design, or other relevant discipline
Preferred fellow local experience (all projects can be completed remotely):
- Any, but understanding of East Africa context may be helpful
Time zone compatibility (when the Fellow should be available for meetings):
- GMT (UTC)