Bright Box 2
One Degree Solar
The Bright Box is a portable solar solution that offers an all-in-one capability to power 4 lights, mobile phones and other electronic devices.
Solar home systems such as MicroSolar 5W Solar Home System Kit, MicroSolar High Lumen Solar Shed Light.
Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
Households and small business owners not connected to the electrical grid.
Mass produced. Interview with representative
Patented. Interview with representative
Bright Box can be purchased from local resellers and distributors. Sales and operations are primarily in Kenya, but One Degree Solar is expanding elsewhere in East Africa while developing partnerships with distribution partners in West Africa, South East Asia, and South America.
Over 20,000 products. Interview with representative
Mobile money (specify), cable, keypad or other.
Service required for the product to work [Mobile data, SMS, voice, Internet, other]
Remote diagnostics or monitoring available
Design and Components
- Built-in battery
- 2 USB ports
- 4 light ports
- Charging indicator light
- Waterproof solar panel with metal frame and 10m cable
- USB cable for charging popular phones and tablets
- Cable to charge commonly available radios that normally take D-cells
- 2 ultra-bright light bulbs, with independent switches and 8m cables
Manufacturer offers free support via SMS, phone, and email.
Designed so that parts most likely to require replacement can be locally obtained (ex. uses locally available motorbike batteries, 12V DC bulbs, and compatible with popular radios.
1 year warranty according to technology exchange lab, 2 year warranty according to Sollatek. No disposal information available.
- 40 hours of light at full charge (2 lightbulbs at 20 hours each)
- Provides more light per charge than any other tested product
Lighting Global verified the following quality standards:
- Truth in Advertising: Accurate Labeling (e.g., rated run time, battery capacity, PV power)
- Lumen Maintenance: 99% of initial brightness maintained over 2000 hours of operation
- Quality: Passed basic durability and quality checks
Lighting Global found Bright Box to offer the following performance:
- Autonomous Run Time (full battery) – 22 hours with 2 light points on
- Lighting hours per solar day (PV only) – 5.0 hours with 2 light points on
- Light output – 365 Lumens with 2 light points on
Be sure to follow proper electrical installation and control guidelines.
Two light points included with product, but four light ports are available for expansion.
Lighting Global Minimum Quality Standards.
Lighting Global evaluated Bright Box 2 using the Lighting Global Quality Test Method, full test method to verify comprehensive product performance. Evaluation elements: Truth in Advertising (Accurate Labeling e.g., rated run time, battery capacity, PV power), Lumen Maintenance (At least 70% of initial brightness maintained over 2000 hours of operation), Quality (basic durability and quality checks).
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.