Co-engineered by ColdHubs and The German Society of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
ColdHubs is a modular assembled walk-in cold room that is powered using solar energy to provide off-grid storage and preservation of perishable food products.
ColdHubs is a plug-and-play modular assembled walk-in cold room that is powered using solar energy to provide off-grid storage and preservation of perishable food products. It is designed to operate in rural rugged terrains where it responds to the problem of post-harvest losses in fruits, vegetables and other perishable food. They are installed in markets and farms within reach of farmers and retailers.
The different parts are sourced in batches and then assembled together.
Patented interview with representative
Over 50 units sold interview with representative
The holding volume, measured in liters
Length of time it takes to cool products, measured in hours
Time the products remain cold, measured in hours
Is there a way to control temperature?
Maximum internal temperature, measured in degrees Celsius
The materials used in construction
Does the product prevent insects from entering the chamber?
What is the medium for cooling?
Design specifications include:
- The exterior dimensions are 3.048 m x 3.048 m x 2.1336 m (LxWxH).
- The stainless floor is made with 0.8 – 1 mm aluminum.
- The energy efficient monoblock refrigeration unit is connected to a set of inverters and batteries that supplies energy. These batteries are charged by solar panels generating about 5.7 kWh of energy.
- ColdHubs are guaranteed to provide autonomous refrigeration 24/7 without grid connection.
On implementation of the pay-as-you-store model, ColdHubs recruits and trains locals (mainly women) for its management and operation.
Between 20-25years Interview with representative
- Employs female small scale farmers by recruiting and training them to work as ColdHubs operators.
- Reduces daily labour costs for harvesting and transportation from 5 hours per day to 1 hour per day through eliminating the need to return to the farm to store unsold, harvested produce or to harvest additional produce for sale.
- Acts as a warehouse, providing farmers, an opportunity to store their products when there is product glut in the market and sell later when prices increase.
No known safety hazards are related to this product.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.