CryoPen GY2 Cervical Attachment
This is a tool for the cryosurgical treatment of pre cancerous cervical lesions.
The CryoPen GY2 Cervical Attachment uses cryosurgical cooling technologies to provide treatment of pre-cancerous cervical lesions. The CryoPen does not use liquid nitrogren or nitrous oxide. It can be used to treat Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 1 and 2.
CryoPen is developing a product specifically for Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
Distributed by CryoPen, Inc.
Brymill Cryosurgical Equipment, Premier CryOmega Cryosurgical device, Cyo/Nitrous Oxide use, and Laser use are also competitors, Cryo Super Model AA1 and AA2 by the Appasamy Assoc, Super Deluxe Silencer Gun Model: CRYO-004 by Basco India
Goal 3: Good health and well-being
Mass produced in the U.S.A. by IDM Tech, LLC for CryoPen, Inc.
The user can order the CryoPen by contacting CryoPen via phone or online form.
Each CryoPen reaches the optimal surgical temperature of -105° Celsius without cryogenic gases or liquids. CryoPen re-usable tips are available in 3mm, 10mm, 19mm, and 24mm sizes.
More information can be found in the CryoPen GY2 Cervical Attachment Brochure.
Regular user maintenance is encouraged in the user manual.
If there is a suspected problem with the device, call CryoPen at 1-877-246- 3955.
Purchase of the device includes a limited one year warranty. CryoPen, Inc. agrees only to correct or replace, at its option, any CryoPen system that shall be returned to CryoPen, Inc. Transportation of the unit will be prepaid by the original owner, after being placed into service by the original owner, provided that CryoPen, Inc. is satisfied that the equipment was originally defective in either workmanship or materials. Normal wear and tear is not warranted.
To order additional supplies, the user should contact CryoPen, Inc. at 1-877-246-3955
Battery life for the CryoPen is estimated at 5 years and at that point should be returned to CryoPen for a replacement battery.
CryoPen, Inc. is a medical device company dedicated to the research and development of innovative, technologically advanced medical products and applications that will enhance the quality of our lives.
The LMIC-adapted CryoPen overcomes barriers to standard gas-based cryotherapy by eliminating dependency on gas, increasing portability, and ensuring consistent freeze temperatures. Further testing and evaluation of the adapted CryoPen will be pursued.
Performance: In 80% of the cases in the pilot study, the adapted CryoPen achieved the target depth of necrosis 3.5 mm established in the pathology review.
Individuals from the following organizations and research centers collaborated to evaluate the CryoPen for LMICs:
– Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women’s Health Institute, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA.
– Basic Health International, New York, NY, USA, and San Salvador, El Salvador.
– University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
– CryoPen, Inc., Covington, LA, USA.
– Department of Family Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA, USA.
– Department of Gynecology, National Institute for Neoplastic Diseases, Lima, Peru.
– National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD, USA.
– Mel & Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
– If re-usable tip gets stuck on skin, remove the Pen Core from tip by gently rotating counter clockwise to unlock it and allow to thaw.
– This device should be used with caution on patients with diabetes, peripheral vascular disease or cold intolerance problems.
– Do not perform cryosurgery using GYN attachment when ECCa is positive for CINb . – – Gynecologic cryosurgery is not recommended for patients who are pregnant.
– Do not perform Gynecologic cryosurgery on lesions not fully visible or extending beyond the range of the cryotherapy probe.
– Do not use the electrical charging unit near or in water. Doing so may cause electrical shock resulting in serious injury or death to the user.
– Do not use an extension cord. Use of extension cords may present potential fire hazards.
– Explosion hazard! Do not use in presence of flammable anesthetics. Unit contains 1oz. of an ethanol based proprietary solution.
– Ethanol is poisonous! May be fatal if swallowed and harmful if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet regarding the ethanol based reservoir solution.
– Reservoir solution contains alcohol (ethanol). Avoid skin contact with the reservoir solution on persons taking the medication ANTABUSE®.
– The CryoPen Pen Cores are extremely cold. Accidental contact with core may result in frostbite. Touch only the green plastic handle when core is at cryogenic temperatures.
– Do not use the CryoPen® Pen Core without a sterile tip. Doing so will expose your patients to non-sterile conditions and may cause cross patient contamination. Pen Core could also become stuck on patient’s skin thereby causing injury to the patient.
– Do not use E-beam, Gamma radiation, or Ethylene oxide to sterilize tips for Gynecologic or General Cryosurgery use.
– Never leave the chilling wells open. Doing so will render your unit inoperable. Always replace a cold pen core with a warm pen core that has been wiped dry and dipped in the CryoPen Reservoir Solution, or use the black non-functional core to replace a cold pen core.
– Use of CryoPen® on lesions with hair, may cause patient to lose hair.
– Use of CryoPen® on lesions in areas where pigment is critical to patient, patient should be made aware that change in pigment may result.
– Federal Law restricts this device to sale, distribution and use by or on the order of a physician.
– Handle the pen cores with great care. Dropped pen cores will be damaged and may become trapped in the pen tips.
– Cold pen cores should be placed in a tip or defrost wells immediately to avoid damage.
– Clean CryoPens® Pen Cores by wiping down with soap and water or with standard solutions such as isopropyl alcohol. Clean only when they have reached room temperature. Do not submerge the Pen Cores. Doing so will render them inoperable.
– Should CryoPen® GY2 tips become attached to the patient, remove the GY2 pen core from the GY2 handle and insert a room temperature pen core into the handle, allow to thaw, and then remove the tip from the treatment area.
– GYN attachment handle contains two, AA alkaline batteries. Dispose of batteries according to applicable regional and national laws. Upon failure, batteries may be replaced with AA, alkaline batteries. Use of rechargeable cells is NOT recommended.
– Discontinue use of Aluminum reusable tip in the presence of discoloration or tarnishing and alert CryoPen Technical Support.
– Please refer to current clinical practice guidelines to determine which patients with cervical cancer precursors are candidates for cryotherapy.
Always properly clean device according to manufacturer instructions after each use.
Other safety precautions can be found here
Miriam Cremer et. al. A Non–Gas-Based Cryotherapy System for the Treatment of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia: A Mixed-Methods Approach for Initial Development and Testing. Glob Health Sci Pract. 2017 Mar 24; 5(1): 57–64. Published online 2017 Mar 24
Global potential users of the adapted CryoPen participated in discussion groups and a card sorting activity to rank 7 features of the adapted CryoPen: cost, durability, efficacy and safety, maintenance, no need for electricity, patient throughput, and portability. Mean and median rankings, overall rankings, and summary rankings by discussion group were generated.
A pathology review of CIN grade 3 cases (N=107) to determine target depth of necrosis needed to achieve high efficacy; and a pilot study (N=5) investigating depth of necrosis achieved with the adapted device to assess efficacy.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.