ICT community development awareness mobile application infrastructure fix public citizen
SeeClickFix is a web platform that allows people to report non-emergency issues within their community related to local government bodies. The mobile application is capable to map user report and associate it with different inputs as comments, suggest courses of action, or add video and picture documentation. Users can receive notifications based on selected areas and keywords. It is possible to report anonymously too.
Cities currently using SeeClickFix include: Chicago, Houston, Washington DC, Minneapolis, Oakland, among others.
The SeeClickFix mobile application is free for citizens and community members to download and use, although users have to pay their mobile phone operator for data consumption. Professional accounts, which give implementing organizations and local governments the possibility to track and manage issues, have price packages based on the level of complexity and integration; basic functionality costs $40/month, and a “Plus” account costs $100 per month per 100,000 users. Local governments and implementing organizations need to contact SeeClickFix to agree to cost, terms and conditions.
Individuals, communities and local governments.
Basic ICT knowledge is required to establish a SeeClickFix platform. End users need to be familiar with operating a smart phone application, and they must own a iPhone, or Android based device to download the app from the Google Play Store and Apple Store. The company performs website management and upkeep.
The tool is currently used by 300 cities to perform request management and back office work order solution. 180 City Hall’s publish white-labeled SeeClickFix app, including Houston and Detroit. SeeClickFix covers more than 25,000 towns and 8,000 neighborhoods in the United States and other countries.
SeeClickFix is available in more than 25,000 towns and 8,000 neighborhoods, both in the United States and internationally. The system has built its strongest networks in Oakland and Detroit, USA. Number of users is unknown but SeeClickFix’s Android app download page states that app ranges from 50.000 – 100.000 installs.
As of June 2017, more than 3,000,000 issues had been fixed according to the SeeClickFix homepage.
This platform is working in more than 25,000 towns. Some statistics on usage as of 2015 are:
– Chicago, IL – 195,455 issues fixed
– Oakland, CA- 34,111 issues fixed
– Richmond, VA- 28,842 issues fixed
– Washington D.C. – 24,426 issues fixed
– Detroit, MI- 21,011 issues fixed
– Albuquerque, NM – 14,368 issues fixed
– Houston, TX – 14,029 issues fixed
– Macon-Bibb County, GA – 14,015 issues fixed
– Minneapolis, MN – 9,856 issues fixed
– St. Petersburg, FL- 7,903 issues fixed
– Malden, MA – 7,469 issues fixed
– Oklahoma City, OK – 7,295 issues fixed
– New Haven, CT- 6,798 issues fixed
– Princeton, NJ- 6,684 issues fixed
– Virginia Beach, VA – 6,494 issues fixed
– Howard County, MD – 5,484 issues fixed
– Ann Arbor, MI – 5,463 issues fixed
– Fayetteville, NC – 5,370 issues fixed
– Raleigh, NC – 4,384 issues fixed
– South San Francisco, CA- 4,202 issues fixed
Additionally, Geneva, NY, had planned to replace SeeClickFix with a new reporting tool called GenevaWorks, but after a respectful, constructive conversation on Geneva’s SeeClickFix page, the City of Geneva has decided to continue to use SeeClickFix to address public and private concerns.
Connectivity requirement for the product/service to work (Mobile Internet, SMS, voice, Fixed Internet, Wi-Fi, etc)
Mobile data coverage required for the product/service to work ( (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, broadband, dial-up, other [specify])
Device(s) type required for the product/service to work.(smartphone ,feature phone, computer, tablet, other [specify])
Permanent network connectivity required (Y/N/Other)
Is the product/service able to receive and send back information to the user?
Rates of user vs downloads/subscriptions – Compliance rate for the app/voice-SMS service
Support according to the literacy level required from the user. If no, the user is intended to be literate (If Yes, (specify))
Operating System required and Software version (Android, IOs, Windows, or other [specify])
Power supply required for the product/service to work.
Device features required for the product/service to work.((bluethooth, Wifi, camera, IVR, GPS, Accelerometers/Motion sensors, physiologic biosensors, biometric identifiers, SIM, Memory card (e.g microSD), other [specify])
- Mergel, Ines, Distributed Democracy: SeeClickFix.Com for Crowdsourced Issue Reporting (January 27, 2012). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=1992968 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1992968
- J. C. Bertot, P. T. Jaeger, S. Munson and T. Glaisyer, “Social Media Technology and Government Transparency,” in Computer, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 53-59, Nov. 2010. doi: 10.1109/MC.2010.325
- Susanne Hupfer, Michael Muller, Stephen Levy, Daniel Gruen, Andrew Sempere, Steven Ross, and Reid Priedhorsky. 2012. MoCoMapps: mobile collaborative map-based applications. In Proceedings of the ACM 2012 conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work Companion (CSCW ’12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 43-44. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/2141512.2141534
Understanding local and national regulations is required due to privacy and security policies.
Academic research and partner testing
There are a series of informative videos at SeeClickFix YouTube channel.
There are different newspapers reports on SeeClickFix available online:
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.