Sun King Home 60
Sun King Home 60 is a solar home system with an integrated Pay-As-You-Go functionality.
Sun King Home 60 is a solar home system designed by Greenlight Planet with an integrated pay-as-you-go functionality. This product provides home lighting through an energy system composed of a solar panel, a lithium battery and lumen lamps.
More than 60 countries between Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The Sun King Home 60 does not have a retail price, the system has a Pay-As-You-Go functionality. Sun King’s business model is called EasyBuy, and through this medium customers can buy a solar product and pay over time as little as $0.25 per day. When the sales are done through distributors, they can us the EasyBuy platform to make a distribution program.
Sun King Home 60 competes with other Pay-As-You-Go solar home systems, such as Mobisol and M-KOPA IV. Greenlight Planet’s Sun King Home 60 Family product is verified by Lightning Global, it competes with any of their verified PAYGO solar home systems. Full list available via Lightning Global‘s verified products.
Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
The product is mass-produced in a factory located in Shenzhen, China.
The Sun King products are distributed along 3 main channels: direct sales, via NGOs and through bulk sales.
- In the case of direct sales, a group of Team Leaders (TL) is employed. The TLs have the task of recruiting, training and coaching part-time sales personal that are called Saathis. The sales structure through this channel is pyramidal so it works with state level Zonal Business Managers that oversee Regional Sales Managers (RSM). The RSMs are in charge of District Sales Managers (DSM), who finally supervise the TLs.
- Greenlight Planet works with Pratham, a leading education network located in India.
- For bulk sales, Greenlight Planet as partnerships with distribution organizations worldwide.
Exact number unknown for the Sun King Home 60, however, across all products, Greenlight Planet has distributed over 5.5 million units.
Mobile money (specify), cable, keypad or other.
Service required for the product to work [Mobile data, SMS, voice, Internet, other]
Remote diagnostics or monitoring available
- 1 – 6 W Solar Panel with 5 meter cord
- 1 – 6000 mAh Lithium Ferro-Phosphate (LFP) battery
- 3 – Ceiling-mounted fixed LED Lamps with 300 lumens total flux
- 3 – Attached wall-mounted switches
- 1 – Energy hub
- Charging kit with USB cable and phone adapters
- Lamp Dimension: 165 x 85 mm
- Solar Panel Dimension: 305 x 185 x 17 mm
- Control Panel Dimension: 220 x 125 x 58 mm
- Cable length: 17 meter long cable
May be provided by the manufacturer.
The vendors replace or repair the unit during its warranty period.
The Lithium Ferro-Phosphate (LFP) battery has a 5 year lifetime.
The manufacturer specifies up to 24 hours of run time on a day’s charge, three light modes controlled by wall-mounted switches: Turbo (100 lumens); Normal (50 lumens); Low (20 lumens), 12V power output designed to power 12V DC appliances, 5.5V USB power output designed to power any standard USB device and water and humidity resistant, as their performance targets.
Lightning Global verified the following quality standards categories:
- Truth in advertising.
- Lumen maintenance.
- Battery composition, protection and durability.
- Physical ingress protection.
- Water ingress protection.
- Soldering and electronics workmanship.
- Mechanical durability.
- Minimum warranty terms.
- Performance reporting.
Lighting Global (Shenzhen Academy of Metrology and Quality Inspection).
If pressure is applied on the photovoltaic panel by sitting or stepping on it, the device might break and cause bodily injury or electrical shock.
Precaution must be taken regarding electrical contacts or wiring, the person handling them must use adequate safety gear.
To avoid electrical shock, the photovoltaic panel must be earth grounded.
A minor risk of burns exists due to the heating of the photovoltaic panel’s surface by the sun.
Kher, R., & Streeter, D. (2013). Greenlight Planet: Made in China or Made in India?. Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 19(7), 31.
Complies with IEC 62257-9-5.
The Sun King Home 60 is part of Greenlight Planet’s Sun King Family product. Other products are available, ranging from solar lamps to solar home systems.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (1)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.