No countries specified. Regions with limited access to electronic grid reliability
- Unit price for over 10 pieces is $80 USDinterview with representative.
Empowering People Network estimates the unit prices to be $93 USD (82.00 €).
Nokero N220 Shavano Solar Light Bulb, LumiQuest Solite Solar Power Lightbulb LQ-200, d. light LED Solar Rechargeable products, Paradise GL28620WH Solar LED Light Bulb with Clip.
Kerosene lamps and lanterns.
BOP individuals and families that are currently using kerosene to supply light.
- The production of the A-Light S is carried out by the company Ambros Huber Kunststofftechnik. Purchased parts are – when possible – based in Germany or Europe.
IP Protected. Patent unknown.
4000 units have been distributed, as of August 2016^(interview with representative).
• Battery capacity: 4400 mAh (Battery is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery).
• Nominal voltage: 3.7 V
• Foldout hanger
• Microprocessor controlled hardware with various protection features
• Schockproof and watertight housing according to IP67
• Product Dimensions (cm) (LxWxH): 7.0 x 8.0 x 14.5
• Weight (kg): .24
Provided by A-Light S.
A-Light S suggests the user to send back the lamp with the solar panel for disposal since they may not be disposed of in municipal waste. Warranty specified in user manual, however no duration is given.
Lifetime depends on usage and is possible up to 10 years.interview with representative
- Performance Targets
• LED: Cree Xlamp, 2 Watts, 180 lumen
• Battery: lithium-ion, 3.7 V, 4400 mAh: 80% charged in 4 hrs of direct sunlight
• 3 Brightness levels:
- 180 lumens for 6 hrs
- 80 lumens for 14 hrs
- 10 lumens for 120 hrs
• Battery charge indicator
• Highly durable design: shockproof and waterproof
• Wide viewing angle for uniform room illumination
• Amortization period 1.27 year
Technical product information available only from the manufacturer.
No listed hazard.
- A-Lights S offers a list of accessories to accommodate the panel and light, including a DC charger and an AC charger, and a USB voltage converter and adapter to charge mobile devices.
Chen, W., Lemes, A., Moorthy, A., Strickland, L., Zhu, Y., Renewable energy at the base of the pyramid in Haiti [Internet]. Ann Arbor (MI): University of Michigan; 2014 Apr 22 [cited 2015 Jun 10].
Solanki, C.S., Mudaliar, S., Strategies to target rural PV market in developing countries – a perspective. PVSC. 2010 Jun 20-25;35:2392-2396.
- For larger projects, the A-Light S can also be supplied in kit and assembled in Solar local workshops.
Due to the frequent demand and the expected reduction in manufacturing costs due to higher volumes, the A-Light S exists in a slightly modified version for private clients: The M-Lumi.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.