The Delair DT18 AG is an agricultural drone to survey, monitor and inspect fields. It aims to report on crop status over long ranges.
Intellectural Property Type
User Provision Model
Direct sales and authorized distributors
Distributions to Date Status
- Endurance: Up to 120 minutes
- Weight (payload included): 2 kg
- Wingspan / Length: 1.8 m / 1.2 m
- Deployment time: 5 min
- Take-off / Landing: Hand launched or Catapult / Belly (no damage to crops)
- Cruise speed: 61 km/h (33 kts)
- Maximum surface area covered (75% overlap)90 ha (222 ac) mapped with 4.8 cm GSD
- MicaSense RedEdge Multispectral CameraNarrow & calibrated spectral bandsResolution (GSD)Width x HeightImage
Available from manufacturer
Manufacturer Specified Performance Parameters
Vetted Performance Status
The results of the research done with Maisadour Semences:
- 135,000 plants detected
- 10 ha analyzed
- 4,000 microplots in one flight
- Time reduction from 2 days to 2 hours
- 7% average error
Advanced safety features (real-time front video, autopilot fail-safe mechanisms, geofencing).
Complementary Technical Systems
- Sensor: MicaSense RedEdge Multispectral Camera
- Narrow & calibrated spectral bands: Red, Green, Blue, Red Edge, Near Infrared
- Resolution (GSD): 4.8 cm @ 70 m AGL / 10.2 cm @150 m AGL
- Width x Height: 960 x 1 280 pixels
- Image acquisition: Configurable (standard: 1 ima/sec.)
Academic Research and References
Mancini, B. The Great Reconnaissance: A UAV Project in Niger. GeoInformatics; Emmeloord Vol. 17, Iss. 6, (Sep 2014): 6-8.
Mancini, B. and Aumont, J. Mapping Quickly and with Accuracy. GeoInformatics; Emmeloord Vol. 18, Iss. 6, (Sep 2015): 6-8.
Wayumba, R.. Mwangi, P., and Chege, P., Application of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Improving Land Registration in Kenya, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Science (IJRES), Volume 5 Issue 5 ? May. 2017 ? PP. 05-11
Larrieu, N., How can model driven development approaches improve the certification process for UAS?, 2014 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), Orlando, FL, 2014, pp. 253-260.
Compliance with regulations
Certified for daily BVLOS operations (since 2012)