Drylobag is a portable, low-cost grain preservation system designed by Drylobag International. It is a system that aids in drying, aerating, fumigating, preserving and long term storing of grains. It is an inflatable grain silo which enhances food security by preventing wastage of staple crops and can dry and store food wherever it is grown. It is a non-permanent structure which can be implemented quickly and easily almost anywhere.
SDG 2: Zero Hunger
SDG 1: No Poverty
Market Suggested Retail Price
Target Users (Target Impact Group)
Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Public Sector Agencies
Distributors / Implementing Organizations
To enable their expansion process, with a goal of opening manufacturing plants on all major continents, the company is focused on identifying suitable partners who will be able to assist in its rapid expansion program. Drylobag expects to export to Australia this year and to distributors in Zambia, DRC and Canada. The Indian Government has also asked Drylobag through an appointed work group to demonstrate the system for preserving rice in India.
Drylobag plans on opening manufacturing plants on all the major continents to be able to satisfy the demand in each region.
Intellectural Property Type
User Provision Model
Users can obtain the product from the Drylobag website, the parent company in South Africa or distributing partners such as Flaman Agriculture.
Distributions to Date Status
Drying capacity (lbs/m³)
Drying duration (hr)
96 – 432 hrs
Load capacity (m³)
Operating temperature range (°C)
10-11 °C above ambient temperature
Number of trays
Materials of construction
Inflatable low-density polyethylene silo bag
- Size of grain bag: 3m x 60m bag
- Weight: lightweight (130kg)
- Features: flexible, watertight, airtight and UV-resistant
- Material: low-density polyethylene.
- A portable fan unit is connected to the bag with controls set according to moisture/humidity.
- Air is pumped evenly into the bag and out through permeable membranes.
- Once the grain is dry, the fan is moved to next bag.
- The bag is then sealed with a heat sealer and grain is stored safely for up to 18 months.
- Components of the Drylobag and their respective functions.
Technical support is offered by the manufacturer.
Manufacturer Specified Performance Parameters
- Drylobag can be filled up with 200 tons of fresh harvest.
- The grain can be stored safely in the bags for up to 18 months.
- The Drylobag system enables farmers to harvest earlier, protect their crop, increase their yield and enhance its nutritional value.
- Provides the flexibility of preserving grain almost anywhere making it efficient and cost effective (at a fraction of the cost of traditional bin-like storage systems).
- It is easy and fast to assemble.
Vetted Performance Status
No specified safety precautions.
Complementary Technical Systems
Drylobag International offers two different options for the aeration system. Option 1 consists of an Axial fan while option 2 consists of a petrol engine driven fan.