A Drylobag is a portable, low-cost grain drying and storage system.
Drylobag is a portable, low-cost grain preservation system designed by Drylobag International. It is a system that aids in drying, aerating, fumigating, preserving and long term storing of grains. It is an inflatable grain silo which enhances food security by preventing wastage of staple crops and can dry and store food wherever it is grown. It is a non-permanent structure which can be implemented quickly and easily almost anywhere.
To enable their expansion process, with a goal of opening manufacturing plants on all major continents, the company is focused on identifying suitable partners who will be able to assist in its rapid expansion program. Drylobag expects to export to Australia this year and to distributors in Zambia, DRC and Canada. The Indian Government has also asked Drylobag through an appointed work group to demonstrate the system for preserving rice in India.
Drying and storage costs approximately $7.00 USD per ton.
Goal 2: Zero hunger
Unknown. Drylobag plans on opening manufacturing plants on all the major continents to be able to satisfy the demand in each region.
The amount of produce that can be dried
Time to dry product, measured in hours
Hold volume, measured in cubic meter
Temperature range for drying the produce, measured in degrees Celsius
Is there a mechanism to control temperature?
The number of trays in the system
The materials used in construction
- Size of grain bag: 3m x 60m bag
- Weight: lightweight (130kg)
- Features: flexible, watertight, airtight and UV-resistant
- Material: low-density polyethylene.
- A portable fan unit is connected to the bag with controls set according to moisture/humidity.
- Air is pumped evenly into the bag and out through permeable membranes.
- Once the grain is dry, the fan is moved to next bag.
- The bag is then sealed with a heat sealer and grain is stored safely for up to 18 months.
- Components of the Drylobag and their respective functions.
Technical support is offered by the manufacturer.
- Drylobag can be filled up with 200 tons of fresh harvest.
- The grain can be stored safely in the bags for up to 18 months.
- The Drylobag system enables farmers to harvest earlier, protect their crop, increase their yield and enhance its nutritional value.
- Provides the flexibility of preserving grain almost anywhere making it efficient and cost effective (at a fraction of the cost of traditional bin-like storage systems).
- It is easy and fast to assemble.
No specified safety precautions.
Drylobag International offers two different options for the aeration system. Option 1 consists of an Axial fan while option 2 consists of a petrol engine driven fan.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.