Futurepump SF1 Solar Pump
The Futurepump SF1 is a solar-powered irrigation pump.
The product consists of three main parts: a PV panel, to convert sunlight into electrical energy; a motor, to use the electrical energy to turn the flywheel; and a pump, to draw water out of a well, river or lake. The SF1 solar pump is robust and portable.
See the SF1 Solar Pump out in the field.
Kenya (main market); Uganda; Rwanda; Tanzania; Malawi; Zambia; Nepal.interview with representative
The retail price is around USD 650 (or KES 65,000).
Petrol and diesel pumps.
It offers farmers a solution when they have to rely on unpredictable rainfall for their crops. It also offers a cheaper, cleaner and more sustainable alternative to costly and polluting petrol or diesel pumps.
Futurepump manufactures the SF1 solar pumps in India. Mass-production.
Patent-pending.interview with representative
Users can get the SF1 Solar Pump through Futurepump or through the nearest distributor. Find the nearest SF1 distributor.
In Kenya, Futurepump offers a financing plan for farmers, which requires a USD 150 deposit and minimum payments of USD 20 per month, at an interest rate of 22%. Farmers in Kenya make payments to Futurepump through M-PESA.
Commercially confidential.interview with representative
Description of the pump type
Land size irrigation capacity, measured in acres
The amount of water discharged, measured in liters per minute
Maximum length of pipe from pump to the raised tank, measured in meters
The amount of pressure required to pump water, measured in MPa
The maximum length of pipe from the water source, measured in meters
Type of energy used to power the pump
Maximum power requirement, measured in watts
Maximum motor current, measured in amperes
Power required to run the pump, measured in voltage
– Easily portable.
– Designed with high durability, with a robust caged design.
– Simple design, with fewer moving parts, and less maintenance.
– Manual backup & USB phone charging socket.
– Suitable for use with drip irrigation and sprinklers.
– Two-speed pump: a two-in-one panel, comprised of two 12 V modules that are affixed to a common frame. By flipping a manual switch on the panel, the user can choose to connect them to the motor either in series or in parallel. On a bright day with plenty of sun, the modules can run in series, which kicks the pump into high speed (120 rpm). On cloudy days, in the morning and late in the day, the unit can still operate by having the modules run in parallel. This doubles the current but halves the voltage, so the pump turns slower (60 rpm).
More info in the Product Brochure.
The SF1 has three main parts shown in the image:
– The PV panel, an 80W solar panel to convert sunlight into electrical energy. It is a removable PV panel, which reduces theft risk;
– The motor, a specially designed 3-geared DC motor to use the electrical energy to turn the flywheel;
– The pump, a reciprocal piston pump to draw water out of a well, river or lake.
Maintenance is provided.
Spare parts are included in the 24 months free warranty.
Performance targets specified in the Product Brochure:
– The SF1 can pump up to 12,000 litres per day.
– It is able to pump over 100m with minimal loss of flow, making it ideally suited to pumping into elevated storage tanks or directly into drip irrigation systems.
– Best performance at low pumping heads, and slower flow rates with increasing head, as illustrated below:
A wheeled trolley was designed specifically by Global9Services to make the SF1 solar pump more portable.
A case study on the Future Pump is available in ASME’s DEMAND Publication
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.