Ndume Ndogo Air Seeder
Ndume Kenya Limited
The Ndume Ndogo Air Seeder is a non-conventional seed drill that uses a central pneumatic seed and fertilizer delivery system to facilitate simple and faster planting operations than traditional means.
The Ndume Ndogo Air Seeder is a non-conventional seeder with no complex mechanical moving parts but instead uses a pneumatic seed and fertilizer delivery system for easier planting operations. It has one metering unit for sowing seeds and one metering unit for sowing fertilizer while the air is dispensed by a fan driven by the tractor PTO shaft. This dispensing system has no moving parts therefore reducing its chances of failure during operation.
~$15,000 USD. Interview with representative
Goal 2: Aims to improve crop production by allowing simple, faster and efficient seed and fertilizer distribution during farming.
Batch production at their Ndume Limited factory in Kenya. Interview with representative
Trademarked. Interview with representative
Approximately 100 machines. Interview with representative
List of crops that this technology drills
Quantity of seeds drilled, measured in kilogram per hectare
The rate of drilling, measured in kilograms per hour
Space covered in a single run
Depth of the buried seeds
The number of rows the technology drills
Seed storage capacity
Is the system portable or stationary?
The dimensions of the implement (l x w x h), measured in meters
List of materials used to build the implement
The rate of work, measured in hectares per hour
Overall weight of the implement, measured in kilograms
Type of energy used to power the seeder
Power required to run the equipment
- Has one metering unit for seed and one for fertilizer; both are fluted roller type made of steel and run on sealed ball bearings.
- The seed and fertilizer mechanisms are pneumatically operated by a fan driven by the tractor PTO shaft.
- Digging is done using heavy duty spring loaded Suffolk coulter knife openers.
- Depth control is achieved by a spiral covering the rollers at the rear of the machine.
- Mounting of the cultivator is on a 3-point linkage system behind the seed box.
- Lifting and lowering of the cultivator is by a double-acting hydraulic ram.
- The ram is powered by the external hydraulics of the tractor.
- The drive wheel for the metering units should automatically lift off the tyres and stop seeding when the cultivator is lifted out of the ground. The wheel re-engages ready for seeding when lowering the machine into the ground.
Product schematics are proprietary to the company. However, a spare part and user manual is provided with every machine purchased. Interview with representative
Technical support is provided by manufacturer through means such as online customer care, commissioning, written materials, field visits, spare parts and stocks. Interview with representative
Replacement components are available since manufacturing is almost 100% made of locally made materials thus allowing immediate provision of spare parts.
Between 1 season and indefinite. All machines depend on the level of care and maintenance carried out by the User. The manufacturer has supplied spare parts for all their machines since 1959. Interview with representative
- No complex moving parts
- Versatile – can dispense both seed and fertilizer
N/A Interview with representative
Ndume Kenya Limited Interview with representative
No specified safety precautions
Ndume Kenya Limited has a range of complementary agricultural machinery products.
Ndume Kenya Limited machines have been designed and manufactured in accordance to the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS). Interview with representative
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.