Africa and Middle East
WhereisMyTransport doesn’t publish pricing details. Pricing takes into account a range of factors, based on services required, data complexity, and other things unique to each client.Interview with representative
- Their customers are cities and regional transport authorities. These established partnerships allow them to collect the data sets that are then published and consumed by the public transport customers.
WhereIsMyTransport is a SaaS application built on the Microsoft Azure cloud.Interview with representative
WhereIsMyTransport publishes their API codebase on GitHub.
“Our platform is open, albeit not Open Source. Users of the platform are limited in the number of daily calls they can make – a limit which is generous enough to build an application. Anyone looking to increase their limit can do that through paying to remove limits. We therefore operate on a freemium model.” Interview with representative
Access to the API is detailed in the API license.
- WhereisMyTransport’s API is based on REST, JSON, OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect. Detailed information is available on their documentation page.
Support is provided as a part of the subscription/partnership by WhereisMyTransport.
- Not applicable
- – To create an open platform for public transportation data from traditional and informal collection methods
- – Utilize framework to provide efficient routing information to public transportation users
- – Build models of long term transit information to provide information on infrastructure investments
- In a study of the implementation of the Jammie Shuttle, which uses the WhereisMyTransport services, they found that users had an increased feeling of security, reduced uncertainty of the schedule, and were more willing to use the shuttle as it was more efficient. 1
- University of Cape Town
- Not applicable
Vanderschuren M, Vries DD. Advanced public transportation information provision: What are the effects on improved customer satisfaction? 16th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2013). 2013.
Struwig, C. B. & Andersen, S. J. 2014. Performance measurement trends in the implementation of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) within the South African transportation environment, in Proceedings of the rst International Conference on the use of Mobile Informations and Communication Technology (ICT) in Africa UMICTA 2014, 9-10 December 2014, STIAS Conference Centre, Stellenbosch: Stellenbosch University, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, South Africa, ISBN: 978-0-7972-1533-7.
According to their Terms and Conditions WhereisMyTransport complies with all local regulations.
Academic research and field trials.
Enslin C. Mapping the Spaces In-between: How ICT can assist in providing a safer and more efficient commuter experience for all. University of Cape Town Western Cape South Africa.
Awotar, Yudish; VanderSchuren, M.J.W.A. (Marianne); Southern African Transport Conference 31st : 2012 : Pretoria, South Africa; Minister of Transport, South Africa
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.