SatSleeve+ is a smartphone to satellite phone converter
SatSleeve+ is a smartphone to satellite phone converter, capable of provide satellite communications to most Android phone or iPhone phones.
Thuraya satellite network covers Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Users and organization working in communities or places with poor or no connectivity nor data services.
Users can buy this product through authorized sellers proposed in the product web page.
specify the functionalities of the phone (bluetooth, wifi, IVR, GPS, additional battery charging methods, other)
if yes, specify technology (microSD, other)
if yes, specify the size (MP)
if yes, specify size (MP)
2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE
only for smartphones/tablets (Android, IOs, Windows, or other [specify])
specify technology and speed of processor
if no, specify technology used
specify internal and external memory capacity (e.g. micro SD), other (specify)
specify ( all, mobile data, SMS, voice, other)
smartphone, feature phone, tablet, other (specify)
- – Dimensions: Main unit including universal smartphone adaptor is 138 x 69 x 42 mm
- – Weight: 256g
- – Connectivity: 3.5mm jack for headset, Micro USB for charging and upgrades, DC charging jack
- – Battery: 3.7V Li-Ion, 2400 mAh
- – Power Supply: Output DC 5V/ 2.0A (with EU/UK/CN/AUS adaptors)
- – Calls and Text Messages in Satellite Mode: To use smartphone in satellite mode when there is no terrestrial network available to call and send text messages using user existing list of contacts.
- – Email On-the-Go: To send and to receive emails.
- – Apps: Access smartphone apps – Social Media, Instant Messaging, information apps and many more.
- – Easy-to-Use: It is only necessary to connect the smartphone via Wi-Fi to the satellite unit and to stay connected.
- – Compatibility: The SatSleeve Hotspot App is available as a free download from the App Store or from Google Play. App is available in 12 languages (English, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese (simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish)
- – Enhanced Safety Features: SatSleeve+ comes equipped with an SOS call button that works even if the smartphone isn’t connected. The SOS button will make an outgoing call to a predefined number set by the user or receive an incoming call.
- – Several conectivity options: Thuraya’s satellite network enables user to stay connected via satellite mode anywhere under its coverage area across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Thuraya SatSleeve+ works either with a Thuraya SIM card or with a GSM SIM card from any of the 360+ Thuraya roaming partners worldwide.
- – Universal Adaptor: SatSleeve+ comes with a universal adaptor in the package that allows user to switch between various Android and iPhone phone models between 58 and 85mm in width.
Thuraya has a comprehensive technical support page including contact form, a developer zone, a “technology explained” section, a knowledge center and an upgrades section.
- – Satellite Data Speed: Download up to 60 kbps, upload to 15 kbps (GmPRS)
- – Operating temperature: -10°C to +55°C (14°F to +131°F)
- – Storage temperature: -20°C to +70°C (-4°F to +158°F)
SatSleeve+ comes equipped with an SOS call button that works even if the smartphone isn’t connected. The SOS button will make an outgoing call to a predefined number set by the user or receive an incoming call.
- – Universal Adaptor: universal smartphone adaptor to attach any smartphone between 58 and 85mm in width to the SatSleeve+.
- – Car Charger: to charge using standard 12V car cigarette lighter socket.
- – Hotspot Stand: to use the smartphone separated from the satellite unit.
- – External Antenna: for improved satellite signal reception when used on the move (e.g. in boats or cars) or in areas at the edge of the Thuraya coverage. User has to connect the antenna cable (5m length) with the SatSleeve and place the magnetic mounted antenna (IP66 rating) in a position with direct line of sight to the Thuraya satellite. Read more
- – Thuraya Solar Charger: multi-functional portable solar charger. Download factsheet
- – Vehicle Docking Kits: hands-free satellite services in vehicles, using an easy-to-install and reliable docker.
- S.S.S Kalyan, T.V. Sai Subrahmanyam. Advancement in Satellite Communications. International Journal of Networks and Systems. Volume 3, No.3, April – May 2014
- Y. Rahmat-Samii and A. C. Densmore, “Technology Trends and Challenges of Antennas for Satellite Communication Systems,” in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 1191-1204, April 2015. doi: 10.1109/TAP.2014.2366784
- M. Berioli, T. De Cola, J. Rammer, L. S. Ronga, S. Jayousi and L. Franck, “Satellite assisted delivery of alerts: A standardization activity within ETSI,” 2014 7th Advanced Satellite Multimedia Systems Conference and the 13th Signal Processing for Space Communications Workshop (ASMS/SPSC), Livorno, 2014, pp. 269-275. doi: 10.1109/ASMS-SPSC.2014.6934554
SatSleeve+ operates in full accordance with international satellite regulations but local national policies and regulations need to be addressed in specific locations where product will be used.
For being a satellite connectivity service, important parameters are bandwidth, packet loss, latency and signal degradation due to natural phenomena such as rains.
Thuraya has a YouTube Channel with user tutorials and other useful information about SatSleeve+ and other products.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.