EzyAgric is an app-based platform for digitizing agricultural value chains to enable all commercial farmers and other agribusinesses to access production and marketing services.
Distributors / Implementing Organizations
Implementer: Akorion Partners: RCMRD, USAID, SG2000, NARO, Star Café, Savannah Commodities, Pearl Seeds, Bukoola, Balton Uganda, NASECO, Grain Pulse, UAP, Letshego, Opportunity Bank and World Food Programme
Intellectural Property Type
User Provision Model
e-VAM (Electronic Village Agent Model): a service delivery model in which community-based service providers equipped with smartphones deliver services on demand to the farmers. App downloaded from Google Play store. Farmers digital profiling done by 480 village agents and 100 farmer associations.
Distributions to Date Status
106,018 farmers served
Features: AgricShop, Farm Records & Analysis, EzyCredits, Garden Mapping, MArket Linkage, Farm Manager, Extension and Advisory, Produce Markets
Provided by Akorion
Manufacturer Specified Performance Parameters
- Prediction of demand and supply and access to the market
- Informed decision-making in production and marketing through seasonal Profit & Loss – Income and Expenses analysis
- Traceability of farmer groups member’s activities by farmers, service providers (village agents) and association staff
- Prediction of demand and supply efficiently and reduce losses due to poor planning
- Information about market dynamics and conditions in Agriculture
- Reduced costs of credit assessment and loan appraisal plus monitoring
- Access to clients
- Monitoring and traceability of farmers for better performance and decision making
- Informed decisions in planning, strategy building and implementation of initiatives through accurate statistics of the agricultural activities in specific areas.
- Access to real time reports and analysis of trends in Agriculture and ICT in Agriculture
- Monitoring and traceability of beneficiaries.
Vetted Performance Status
Complementary Technical Systems
Academic Research and References
- Hilary, R. S., Sseguya, H., & Kibwika, P. (2017). Information quality, sharing and usage in farmer organizations: The case of rice value chains in Bugiri and Luwero Districts, Uganda. Cogent Food & Agriculture, 3(1), 1350089.
Compliance with regulations