Akorion EzyAgric App
EzyAgric is an app-based platform for digitizing agricultural value chains to enable all commercial farmers and other agribusinesses to access production and marketing services
EzyAgric is an app-based platform for digitizing agricultural value chains to enable all commercial farmers and other agribusinesses to access production and marketing services.
Partners: RCMRD, USAID, SG2000, NARO, Star Café, Savannah Commodities, Pearl Seeds, Bukoola, Balton Uganda, NASECO, Grain Pulse, UAP, Letshego, Opportunity Bank and World Food Programme
Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Copyrighted Akorion Company Limited
e-VAM (Electronic Village Agent Model): a service delivery model in which community-based service providers equipped with smartphones deliver services on demand to the farmers.
App downloaded from Google Play store.
Farmers digital profiling done by 480 village agents and 100 farmer associations.
(smartphone ,feature phone, computer, tablet, other [specify])
(2G, 3G, 4G, LTE,…)
(Connection to market, Microsavings, Supply chain information, Education on farming practices, Weather information, etc)
Features on EzyAgric App:
- Digital Farmer Profiling
- Garden Mapping
- AgriShop (inputs, soil testing, insurance…)
- Market access
- Digital Records
Provided by Akorion
- Prediction of demand and supply and access to the market
- Informed decision-making in production and marketing through seasonal Profit & Loss – Income and Expenses analysis
- Traceability of farmer groups member’s activities by farmers, service providers (village agents) and association staff
- Prediction of demand and supply efficiently and reduce losses due to poor planning
- Information about market dynamics and conditions in Agriculture
For financial institutions:
- Reduced costs of credit assessment and loan appraisal plus monitoring
- Access to clients
- Monitoring and traceability of farmers for better performance and decision making
For donors and governments:
- Informed decisions in planning, strategy building and implementation of initiatives through accurate statistics of the agricultural activities in specific areas.
- Access to real time reports and analysis of trends in Agriculture and ICT in Agriculture
- Monitoring and traceability of beneficiaries.
- Hilary, R. S., Sseguya, H., & Kibwika, P. (2017). Information quality, sharing and usage in farmer organizations: The case of rice value chains in Bugiri and Luwero Districts, Uganda. Cogent Food & Agriculture, 3(1), 1350089.
App reviews in Google Play
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.