Kinosol Orenda Food Dehydrator
The Kinosol Orenda Food Dehydrator is a technology that dries and preserves food for 6 months using a natural convection system that allows airflow without the need of a fan.
The Kinosol Orenda Food Dehydrator is a technology that dries and preserves food for 6 months using a natural convection system that allows airflow without the need of a fan. It aims at creating additional income to its users while reducing food wastage at household levels.
KinoSol is working with organizations around the globe to field test Orendas. They are working with aid organizations, churches and NGOS.
The dehydrator alone costs $110 USD. The dehydrator that includes a storage unit and 10 Mylar bags costs $130 USD. Interview with representative.
Made to order. Interview with representative
Currently Orendas are in prototype, so subsistence farmers can get them for free to perform field tests. They can also be purchased online through Kinosol’s website. Additionally an Orenda can be sent to a subsistence farmer abroad through a sponsorship program where donations can be made from $20 to $200 USD, when a full Orenda is funded ($200) it is shipped through Kinosol’s international partners.
- Relies on a natural convection system, which allows products to dehydrate without using any electrical inputs.
- Has ventilation holes that allow heat transfer from the bottom of the unit, flowing up through the top.
- This system allows moisture to escape while trapping heat within the units.
- The dryer has a storage unit that comes with resealable mylar bags.
Provided by manufacturer
Replacement parts available if requested directly from Kinosol. Interview with representative
The projected lifetime is between 5 and 7 years based on the material Interview with representative
- Retains nearly 100% of the inputs to reduce 90% of the dehydration time.
- The dehydration rate varies based on weather and location, on average dehydration time is one day.
- According to manufacturer, mylar protects food from heat, light, moisture, oxygen, and pests.
Field tests through KinoSol’s international partners such as: Lutheran Church of Hope in Ghana, Center for Sustainable Rural Livelihoods in Uganda, Green Africa Initiative in Tanzania, and St. Boniface church in El Salvador.
Trays might get hot
The Orenda comes with 4 resealable mylar storage bags which protect dehydrated food from heat, light, moisture, oxygen, and pests.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.