This application uses sensors to monitor and track coffee quality.
The Cropster Origin is an online application that uses sensors to monitor coffee crop quality. It can connect to temperature sensors installed in roast machines to maintain updated information for coffee farmers and inform buyers of crop quality.
In order to improve quality there is an extension of the application, Cropster Cup, which consists of different surveys that can be completed on any handheld device. Its purpose is to provide feedback on the quality of the final product of the coffee production chain: a cup of coffee.
This tool has been developed by the company Cropster in Austria, where it was created, and in the USA.
There are two versions of the software: basic and pro, which vary in some functionalities.
|Monthly subscription||Yearly Subscription|
|Basic||109 USD||99 USD|
|Pro||219 USD||199 USD|
Coffee producers and production organizations interested in better information management. It is tailored for institutions that need to communicate coffee supply quality internally among members of the institutions and externally with buyers.
The sensors are sent by the manufacturer and they provide support on how to install them.
Company Registration: FN 304802p
Register Court: Landesgeright Innsbruck
VAT-ID: ATU 63994645
Authority according to ECG: Magistrat der Stadt Innsbruck
(smartphone ,feature phone, computer, tablet, other [specify])
(2G, 3G, 4G, LTE,…)
(Connection to market, Microsavings, Supply chain information, Education on farming practices, Weather information, etc)
The sensor devices, such as temperature sensors, are installed in the roast machines.
The website application has different functionalities: roast monitoring, storing, organization and inventory adjustments that happen automatically. Green coffee has to be entered manually.
- Create complete lot information: Highlight the information that tells the producer’s story, links to information about the producing farms and fields, and tracks the greenness of the samples.
- Communicate and share: Uploads stock information and exchanges key information with buyers. It also provides PDF reports on the coffee data.
- Creates a consistent cupping base: Comparative analysis among different samples.
- Multiple users can be access a single account to manage the information.
- Visualizes up to 4 sample roaster barrels on one screen and multiple locations.
Technical support provided by manufacturer
Improve service for coffee producers by making a communicative channel
Self-testing: Experiments with 40 samples of coffee were performed by the manufacturer.
Prediction of the flavor depends on the temperature:
– 125ºC – 175ºC results in bitter taste (before it reaches high range (>220Cº).
No third party organization testing, testing conducted only by manufacturer
Cropster Origin was evaluated for its ability to predict flavor profiles depending on temperature.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.