Flexmo is a walking aid for the elderly and people suffering from a locomotor disability. It enables people to walk on a wet surface or snow, rocks without pain.
Distributors / Implementing Organizations
This product is distributed by Flexmo and available at Flexmo's website.
User height (cm)
Weight capacity (kg)
Power Supply Type
Indispensable equipment for function (Y/N)
The ergonomically designed grip provides a natural wrist angle and loads the entire palm. Design specifications include:
- Size (Height of a person) : M (142 cm – 178 cm), L (178 cm – 193 cm)
- Weight : M (40-80kg), H (80-120kg)
- Color BLACK, BLUE
- Weight of 1 Unit: 1.3 kg
- Plastic Handle: High-performance ABS plastic. Ergonomic handle with comfortable foam grip.
- Armpit Support: Indian Rhino inspired stylish armpit support with comfortable foam cushion.
- Flextip: Foot inspired Tip specifically made of high strength steel for high performance and durability. Military-grade rubber makes it slip-resistant and durable.
Provided by the manufacturer.
5 - 10 years
Manufacturer Specified Performance Parameters
Designer specified performance targets include: lightweight, durable, portable, and convenience.
Vetted Performance Status
Results of testing performed by third-party organizations are not available for the public.
No known safety hazards are related to this product.
Complementary Technical Systems
Academic Research and References
Balakrishnan, M., Paul, K., Garg, A., Paul, R., Mehra, D., Singh, V., Rao, P.V.M., Goel, V., Chatterjee, D. and Manocha, D., 2007, Cane Mounted Knee-Above Obstacle Detection and Warning System for the Visually Impaired, Proceedings of the IDETC/CIE, Las Vegas, NV, September 4-7, 2007, ASME Paper No. DETC2007-35238, pp. 143-151.
Chitranshi, G. and Yadav, R.K., 2014, Assistive Aids for the Disabled: Past, Present and Future, Confluence The Next Generation Information Technology Summit (Confluence), 2014 5th International Conference, Noida, India, Sept 25-26, 2014.
Graafmans, W., Lips, P., Wijlhuizen, G., et al., 2003, Daily physical activity and the use of a walking aid in relation to falls in elderly people in a residential care setting, Z Gerontol Geriat, 36, pp. 23–28.
Compliance with regulations