SAECSA Solar Food Dryer
The SAECSA Solar Food Dryer is a solar powered drying chamber that can be used to dry and preserve fruits, vegetables and grains.
The manufacturer is currently operating in Mexico and Colombia. The product is targeted for the Central and South American context.
There are two types of solar food dryer: Interview with representative on 6/13/2017
- One that includes a backup gas system to improve drying during cloudy days. This system costs 3,821.94 USD.
- The second does not include the backup system which costs 2,990.66 USD.
Small farm holders, untrained individuals who want to dry fruits for commercialization.
Since commercialization in 2013, the company has sold 900 basic solar food dryers. Interview with representative
- The dryer has a solar collector, metal frame, and a chamber to place the food on racks.
- It requires an area of 11 m2 for installation.
- The main source of energy is sunlight (some food dryers have a gas backup system) which is captured by the collector and transmitted to the drying chamber through a coil which contains 60% water and 40% anti-freeze.
- The water vapor from the product (fruits, vegetables, grains, etc.) builds up internal pressure in the chamber which is regulated through a valve to warm up the pulp initially.
The dryer has a solar collector (with a 1.3 m2 collection area), a stainless steel chamber with a 10 kg to 20 kg daily drying capacity, a metal support, exhaust valve, and a thermostat.
Provided by manufacturer, through specialized technicians. Interview with representative
SAECSA offers replacement components as part of their service. Interview with representative
According to the manufacturer the product lasts between 15 to 20 years. They offer a 5 year warranty on the product. Interview with manufacturer
Specified performance targets: Interview with representative
- Maximum temperature is 70 oC.
- Maximum drying capacity is 10-20 kg per day.
Risk of burns when handling hot trays.
The company offers courses on solar thermal energy for clients to understand better how the systems work. Interview with manufacturer
The chamber is made of 304 stainless steel, suitable for food applications.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.