The Sol5 Oven is a solar powered multipurpose heat concentration dryer that can be used for roasting, baking or dehydrating agricultural produce.
In low-income regions, GoSol Solar is working with sponsors, foundations and NGO’s to train and capitalize local artisans to supply and maintain the SOL5.
For higher income regions they will be launching a lighter-weight SOL5 for application developers, entrepreneurs and solar enthusiasts.
Currently GoSol Solar has partnerships and sponsorship agreements with Tampere University of Applied Sciences, GreelTech, Autodesk, World Vision, Wartsila, Silicon Valley, Global Resource Alliance, The Deloitte Foundation, Humanitarian & Development Consortium (HDC South Sudan), Plan International and SmartUp Factory Uganda.
The Kenya piloting was Sponsored by Wartsila corporation, in partnership with Autodesk Foundation and in cooperation with World Vision Finland (Weconomy program) and World Vision Kenya.
Market price yet to be announced once the product reaches commercialization phase.
Small-scale farmers and marginalized groups especially youth and women.
Users can pre-order the product from GoSol Solar website or acquire through NGOs and sponsorship impact programs.
- The SOL5 captures direct sunlight and turns it into heat by concentrating the light to one place.
- The solar concentrator is rated at 3.5 kilowatts.
- Maximum heating is at a temperature of 300oC.
GoSol solar provides technical support and product inquiries on its website. On implementation, GoSol Solar is training local people on operation and maintenance so that they can provide technical support to the local community. The oven has been fabricated using local materials thus making its maintenance simple and sustainable
The Solar oven is made locally using local materials therefore replacement components are easily available.
- Can roast Peanut, Coffee, Cocoa / Cacao, Cashew and more.
- No more burnt taste
- Regulated temperature
- Roasts 16kg of peanuts in 3 hours
- No fuel costs
- Can bake 500 cookies per day, 16 breads each batch
- Up to 300°C baking temperature
- Even heat distribution for high quality bakes
- Immune to blackouts and brownouts (requires sunlight, but the sun doesn’t charge)
- No fuel costs
- Can dehydrate fish, fruits, vegetables
- Dehydrates 20kg of tomatoes in 8 hours
- Faster drying method
- Clean dehydration process (no more bugs)
- No fuel costs
No specified safety precautions.
GoSol Solar offers a range of engineering services that include web and IT integration, complex planning, emerging market piloting, and documents for investors and clients. They also offer numerical analysis, thermal integration with PID, and CAD/CAM simulations for solar and thermal projects.
Pilot tests in local communities in Kenya and Tanzania
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.