Not specified. Most of their images indicate an emphasis in the Indian market, with direct-run and franchised branches existing in 5 states in rural India: Karnataka, Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh.
- Orb Energy through its network of branches across India. More than 100 direct-run and franchised branches exist in 5 states in rural India: Karnataka, Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh.
$93 – $134 USD (Rs. 5,990 to Rs. 7,990)
Orb works with partnering banks to offer financing up to 5 years to make product more affordable for customers.
10 Watt Solar Home Lighting System, MicroSolar 5W Solar Home System Kit, MicroSolar High Lumen Solar Shed Light
Customers in villages without reliable access to electricity.
IP Protected (Patent Unknown)
- Sold in India through Orb’s channel partners, as well as through an extensive network of direct-run and franchise branches. Orb has over 100 branches in 5 states of India: Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
• 1.5W LED lights
• 5W Amorphous solar panel
• Console unit
• 12.8V, 3Ah lithium battery
• Mobile charging adapter set
• Dimmer switches
• Electronic display for battery charge state
• USB port
• Optional grid charger (models: Solectric 15, Solectric 30)
Manufacturer, called “After Sales Service”. Orb offers preventative maintenance visits during the first year of ownership to ensure the system is working optimally. Customers may also buy an annual maintenance contract of up to 4 years (5 years total of preventative maintenance available with the free 1 year preventative maintenance).
Can be obtained from Orb Energy network partners.
- Free 1 year warranty, with optional additional warranty up to 4 years for purchase.
Immediate after sales service to rectify a fault if need be. Orb will organize free preventative maintenance visits in the first year to ensure the system is working optimally. Annual maintenance contracts are also available at the time of purchase, the first year is free.
• 4 hours of use per day
• Cost/day over 3 years: $0.11 USD (Rs. 7.30)
• Cost per solar light per day: $0.03 USD (Rs. 1.82)
Portable and lightweight, adjustable brightness, durable battery life, and simple self-installation
Lighting Global verified the following quality standards:
• Truth in Advertising: Accurate Labeling (e.g., rated run time, battery capacity, PV power)
• Lumen Maintenance: 98% of initial brightness maintained over 2000 hours of operation
• Quality: Passed basic durability and quality checks
Plug and Play accessories are available. An “upgrade kit” can scale a Solectric 15 (5 watt, 2 light system) to a Solectric 30 (10 watt, 4 light system).
Where a grid is available, customers can purchase a grid charger.
Mantravadi, S. R. P., Modeling, simulation & implementation of li-ion battery powered electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles [dissertation]. University of Akron; 2011 Aug. 138 pp.
Keane, J., Pico-solar electric systems: the earthscan expert guide to the technology and emerging market. New York (NY): Routledge; 2014. 181+ pp.
Alexander, A., Thathan, M., Modeling and analysis of modular multilevel converter for solar photovoltaic applications to improve power quality. IET Renewable Power Generation. 2015 Jan;9(1):78-88.
Lighting Global Recommended Performance Targets, Lighting Global Minimum Quality Standards
- Lighting Global evaluated Solectric 30 using the Lighting Global Quality Test Method (LG-QTM), full test method to verify comprehensive product performance. Evaluation elements: Truth in Advertising (Accurate Labeling e.g., rated run time, battery capacity, PV power), Lumen Maintenance (At least 70% of initial brightness maintained over 2000 hours of operation), Quality (basic durability and quality checks)
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.