TinyTech Mechanical Screw Press
The TinyTech Mechanical Screw Press is a manual press that uses a screw fixture to expel oil from palm nut and fiber mixtures.
The TinyTech Mechanical Screw Press is a manually operated press with a screw fixture that is used to expel oil from palm fruit and fiber mixtures. The press is made up of a screw that pushes a plate into a cylindrical, perforated cage. The applied pressure causes oil to ooze out and it is collected by the bottom tray. There are two perforated cages that carry out the operation simultaneously to save time and avoid wastage.
The main target country is India, but the Mechanical Screw Press can be exported to 114 countries throughout the world.
The market price for the Mechanical Screw Press is $1250 USD but if the purchase is in bulk, it can be obtained for $1000 USD. Interview with representative.
Goal 8: Aims to promote sustainable economic growth and achieve productive employment.
Individually made. Units are assembled in Gujarat, India. Interview with representative
Open source. Interview with representative
50-80. Interview with representative
List of crops that this technology can extract oil from
Amount of oil extracted, in liters
Amount of produce that can be cracked to extract oil, measured in kilograms per hour
How is the technology powered?
What is the power rate of the motor running the equipment, measured in kilowatts
- Pounded palm fruits are filled up into the perforated cylindrical cage which is put under the mechanical screw press and is operated by hand.
- By pressing the screw down, the pressure plate under the screw goes down into the perforated cylinder cage and presses the entire mass of palm fruits.
- Due to the pressure, palm oil is liberated through the small holes around the cylindrical surface.
- Oil is then collected into the utensils through the bottom tray.
- Two cylindrical perforated cages are provided with every press so that when one is under pressure, second cage is being filled up.
- Each cage can take about 40 to 50 kg of palm fruits per batch. About 25 to 30% palm oil is extracted. This palm oil is traditionally used as cooking oil.
None found. However, schematics of a similar mechanical screw press can be found here.
Provided my manufacturer. Interview with representative
Replacement screws are available.Interview with representative
If maintained properly, the TinyTech Mechanical Screw Press can last over 40 years. Two years warranty supplied by manufacturer.Interview with representative
- 400-500 liters per day.Interview with representative
- Saves time and avoids wastage due to the two perforated cages that carry out the operation simultaneously.
No specified safety precaution.
TinyTech offers a range of palm oil milling machinery.
Manufacturer cites the percentage of oil expelled and liters per day as evaluation criteria. Interview with representative
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.