Flood Resistance of the Building Envelope
Christopher P. Jones from Whole Buildin Design Guide (WBDG)
This manual provides guidelines on how to plan a flood-resistant building.
This manual provides guidelines on how to plan a flood-resistant building considering fundamental aspects:
- Identifying the source, nature and severity of flood hazards affecting potential building sites.
- Selecting a building site where flood hazards are eliminated or minimized.
- Determining any flood-related regulatory requirements.
- Determining design flood characteristics anticipated at the selected site, both now and over the life of the building.
- Planning, designing and constructing the building to minimize any potential flood damages.
Goal 13: Climate Action
List all contributing authors
List all languages
Is the manual intended for a response effort or for longer term development
Summary of manual intention and contents
The fundamental goal of flood-resistant construction is for buildings to resist flotation, collapse and permanent lateral movement during the design flood.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.