This manual provides guidelines on how to plan a flood-resistant building considering fundamental aspects:
- Identifying the source, nature and severity of flood hazards affecting potential building sites.
- Selecting a building site where flood hazards are eliminated or minimized.
- Determining any flood-related regulatory requirements.
- Determining design flood characteristics anticipated at the selected site, both now and over the life of the building.
- Planning, designing and constructing the building to minimize any potential flood damages.
SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
SDG 13: Climate Action
Target Users (Target Impact Group)
Community, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Public Sector Agencies
Distributors / Implementing Organizations
Whole Buildin Design Guide (WBDG)