Grundfos Solar Pump CRFlex 3-9
The Grundfos CRFlex pump is a vertical multistage centrifugal pump that can be powered by solar, grid or generator power
The Grundfos CRFlex pump is a vertical multistage centrifugal in-line non self priming surface pump specifically designed for water transfer, irrigation and pressure boosting in solar powered applications. This solar surface pump provides a sustainable, reliable and cost efficient alternative to irregular water supply solutions in remote locations, or for highly specific applications anywhere.
The product is distributed via local sales distributors in different countries.
The CRFlex 3-9 is sold at around $ 2200 USD.
Goal 2: Aims to improve food security by increasing crop production even during the dry season.
Mass production. Interview with representative
Patent protected. Interview with representative
Users can contact their local sales company to get information on where and how to buy the CRFlex Pump. List of local distributors per country
Several thousands.interview with representative
Description of the pump type
Land size irrigation capacity, measured in acres
The amount of water discharged, measured in liters per minute
Maximum length of pipe from pump to the raised tank, measured in meters
The amount of pressure required to pump water, measured in MPa
The maximum length of pipe from the water source, measured in meters
Type of energy used to power the pump
Maximum power requirement, measured in watts
Maximum motor current, measured in amperes
Power required to run the pump, measured in voltage
- Easy to install and simple to use even under the most difficult conditions.
- Materials of construction are stainless steel for the hydraulic parts and cast iron for the pump head and base.
- The CRFlex pump must be protected against rain and direct sunlight.
- The pump consists of a base and a pump head. The chamber stack and the outer sleeve are secured between the pump head and the base by means of stay bolts. The base has suction and discharge ports on the same level (in-line).
- The pump is equipped with a maintenance-free mechanical shaft seal of the cartridge type.
- The vertical distance between the inlet of the CRFlex pump and the dynamic level of the water source must be less than 20 feet.
- 2-pole motor with integrated variable frequency drive.
- power input of 70 to 1250 W.
- motor speed range of 1000 to 3400 rpm.
- The motor has a wide voltage input range (both AC and DC) – it operates at any voltage from 110 to 415 VDC or 220 to 240 VAC (50/60Hz). It can therefore be connected to either PV solar modules, a standby AC generator or mains power supply as required.
- When run on DC power, it utilises Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) function for optimal performance.
- The CRFlex system is protected against overloading, overheating and dry running.
- IO – 50
- Designed specifically for solar-powered systems.
- The IO 50 enables manual starting and stopping of the pump in an CRFlex Solar system and functions as a connection box joining all necessary cables.
Grundfos teams of skilled service technicians provide different services:
- Optimisation & Consultancy
- Repair and maintenance: on-site repair, pump check and workshop repair.
Grundfos has service centres in more than 50 countries throughout the world, supplemented by more than 600 authorised Grundfos Service Partners.
Read more on installation and operating instructions.
Temperature Range [°F]: -4 to +250
If the pump is used for liquids with a viscosity higher than that of water, this will reduce the head and increase the power consumption.
Specific performance charts, see below, with – Typical deviation: + / – 15 %. – The measurements have been made at a water temperature of +70 °F (+20 °C).
Solar pumps are typically tested by approval companies (i.e. government tenders) against certain requirements in solar irradiation for a particular location.Interview with representative
Built in protection for under and over voltage and system overload. No additional protection is therefore required.
Care should be taken when handling the motor due to the weight.
Three models are available, all powered by the same 1250W motor providing a selection of head and flow outputs depending on application.
Grundfos has developed a PC-based sizing tool enabling the sizing of the system. The sizing tool is integrated in Grundfos WinCAPS and covers solar powered systems. The following three parameters must be known for the sizing of the optimum system:
- installation location
- maximum head required
- quantity of water required
- Solar photovoltaic water pumping for remote locations by Kala Meah, Steven Fletcher, and Sadrul Ula
Case studies available online, for instance Sustainable private water service delivery – TradeWater by Water Missions International.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.