Market Suggested Retail Price
Distributors / Implementing Organizations
Alvan Blanch Development Company Ltd Alvan Blanch QUOTATION No.: EX13.0733/US-1-cmb
Individual, made to order. Alvan Blanch QUOTATION No.: EX13.0733/US-1-cmb
Intellectural Property Type
User Provision Model
All components can be ordered through Alvan Blanch – and can be sent out directly by DHL or airfreight – dimensions/weight dependent. Alvan Blanch QUOTATION No.: EX13.0733/US-1-cmb
Distributions to Date Status
Shelling capacity (kg/hr)
Manual or motorized
Perforation sizes for nuts (mm)
Shelling efficiency (%)
Used for a variety of nuts
Nut breakage rate (%)
- Galvanized steel body in bolt together panels (packed flat for transport).
- Cast iron spiked rustlers are fitted in rows to the base of the rotor which is moved backwards and forwards manually.
- This action breaks the shells against the wire screen that forms the curved base to the machine.
- The shell pieces can then be winnowed away from the kernels.
- Two sizes of wire screen (9mm and 11mm) are supplied with each unit to suit differing varieties.
- Volume (m3): 0.05
- Weight (kg): 30
A Nigerian technical team, based in Benin City, handles all customer support in Nigeria – as well as some of the maintenance work across Africa. Alvan Blanch also has a number of commissioning engineers in the UK who travel to clients worldwide. Interview with representative
Yes. Alvan Blanch QUOTATION No.: EX13.0733/US-1-cmb
12 month warranty on faulty workmanship or materials. Alvan Blanch QUOTATION No.: EX13.0733/US-1-cmb
Manufacturer Specified Performance Parameters
Performance targets: Interview with representative
- Shell up to 100 kg/hr
- Best results on the GS100 models are achieved if the ‘in shell’ nuts are graded into small, medium and large sizes.
- The machine is then set to suit one of these grades and reset for the next grade later.
- In this way breakage into large kernels of unshelled nuts is minimized.
- The concave screen is easily interchangeable so that different perforation sizes can be used for different grades.
Vetted Performance Status
Potential safety hazards related with various sharp and/or moving parts. Alvan Blanch says, "We design our products with safety in mind. All are fitted with relevant stickers and warning signage – in the relevant language." Interview with representative
Complementary Technical Systems
Alvan Blanch company provides a variety of groundnut shellers with different capacities.
Academic Research and References
- Raghtate, A.S., Handa, C.C., Design and fabrication of groundnut sheller machine. IJIRST. 2014 Dec;1(7):2349-6010.
- Fellows, P., Food Processing Technology: Principles and Practice. Woodhead Publishing. 2009.
Compliance with regulations