by Salman Khan
Khan Academy is an online platform to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
Students, Educators, Teachers.
Web and Mobile development.
59 Millions learners from accross 190 countries.
Mobile Internet, SMS, voice, Fixed Internet, Wi-Fi, etc
2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, broadband, dial-up, other [specify]
Smartphone, feature phone, computer, tablet, other [specify]
- Any device to access to the online platforme.
- iOS or Android for the mobile apps.
bluetooth, Wifi, camera, IVR, GPS, Accelerometers/Motion sensors, physiologic biosensors, biometric identifiers, SIM, Memory card (e.g microSD), other [specify]
Connectivity requirement for the product/service to work. Some apps/services can work offline.
- Yes; to access to online courses.
- Learners can download the content and access it offline.
he product/service able to receive and send back information to the user?
Stanford Consulting Group ran a survey in 2015 that included the question, “Have you found Khan Academy meaningful to your education?” Here’s the breakdown of students who replied yes:
- 65% of Stanford students (out of 504 surveyed)
- 57%of students in top schools including Harvard, Princeton, Yale, UPenn, UC Berkeley, Caltech, and MIT (159 surveyed)
- 64% of first-generation college students (164 surveyed)
Support according to the literacy level required from the user. If no, the user is intended to be literate.
Android, IOs, Windows, or other [specify]
Uninterrupted power supply (UPS), ocassional power supply [minimum time required], other
education equipment, educational behavior change, human resource management, decision support, data collection & analytics, electronic education records, education provider, stock management, special education surveillance and reporting
- Access to free online educational ressources.
- knowledge growth and better quality of education.
- Engage more students and teachers in classrooms.
Khan Academy offers 3 features:
- For learners: they can select, receive assignements and track their courses status.
- For educators: they can assign courses for their students, and track their progress.
- For parents: parents can create accounts for their child and control their progress in the selected courses.
Khan Academy aims to deliver a FREE education to everyone, everywhere.
- Students who complete 60% of their grade-level math on Khan Academy experience 1.8 times their expected growth on the NWEA MAP Test, a popular assessment test.
- 20 hours of practice is associated with a 115-point average score increase from the PSAT/NMSQT to the SAT, nearly double the average gain of students who do not practice on Official SAT Practice.
- Khan Academy reduces the number of remedial courses students need to take.
- Student performance in algebra increases from the 76th percentile to the 94th percentile.
- Students using Khan Academy experience double the growth of their peers.
- José A. Ruipérez Valiente, Pedro J. Muñoz Merino, Derick Leony, Carlos Delgado Kloos, 2015, ALAS-KA: A learning analytics extension for better understanding the learning process in the Khan Academy platform
- SRI Education, 2014, Research on the Use of Khan Academy in Schools.
- Pedro J. Muñoz-Merino, José A. Ruipérez Valiente, and Carlos Delgado Kloos. 2013. Inferring higher level learning information from low level data for the Khan Academy platform. In Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK ’13), Dan Suthers, Katrien Verbert, Erik Duval, and Xavier Ochoa (Eds.). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 112-116.
Check case studies.
Khan Academy has gained recognition both nationally and internationally:
- Bill Gates spoke about Khan Academy at the Aspen Ideas festival.
- In 2010, Google‘s Project 10100 provided $2 million to support the creation of more courses, to allow for translation of the Khan Academy’s content, and to allow for the hiring of additional staff.
- In November 2011, the Khan Academy received a $5 million grant from the Ireland-based O’Sullivan Foundation.
- In April 2012, the founder and executive director of Khan Academy, Salman Khan, was listed among the Time 100 Most Influential People for 2012.
- Khan was one of five winners of the 2014 Heinz Award. His award was in the area of “Human Condition.”
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.