Mobile Technology For Teachers (MT4T)
Mobile Technology for Teachers (MT4T) is a teacher resource kit using mobile technology for 21st century learning in Southeast Asia.
The Teacher Resource Kit contains information, resources, examples, and best practices in using mobile technology
for personal and professional growth.
MT4T is a teacher resource kit that promotes the use of mobile technology in Southeast Asian educational settings.
The kit provides a basic guide in using mobile devices, such as smart phones and tablets and their accompanying applications, as tools for teaching and learning in the classroom and for teachers’ personal and professional development.
Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
Teachers and educators.
Mobile Development (iOS, Android and Windows)
Southeast Asia countries: Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and Philippines.
Specify how the application serves the improvement of access to education (education equipment, educational behavior change, human resource management, decision support, data collection & analytics, electronic education records, education provider, stock management, special education surveillance and reporting)
Operating System required and Software version (Android, IOS, Windows, or other [specify])
Support according to the literacy level required from the user. If no, the user is intended to be literate
Usage rate for the app/voice-SMS service – Rates of user vs downloads
Is the product/service able to receive and send back information to the user?
Connectivity requirement for the product/service to work. Some apps/services can work offline (Y/N [specify], Other [specify])
Device features required for the product/service to work. (bluethooth, Wifi, camera, IVR, GPS, Accelerometers/Motion sensors, ,biometric identifiers, SIM, Memory card (e.g microSD), other [specify])
Device(s) type required for the product/service to work. (Smartphone ,feature phone, tablet, other [specify])
Mobile data coverage required for the product/service to work (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, Other [specify])
Connectivity requirement for the product/service to work (Mobile Internet, SMS, voice)
• Use blogs for reflective thinking, sharing of ideas and best practices, and communicating
with fellow teachers and their students;
• Access YouTube resources for their own professional growth and for promoting
higher order thinking skills (HOTS) through improved teaching and learning methodologies;
• Access digital libraries of photos and graphic images that promote 21st century
skills, especially HOTS, as well as generate their own digital libraries using built-in
camera available in most mobile devices, within the context of Southeast Asia;
• Utilize the many features of mobile devices to enhance teaching and learning of
HOTS, like the use of thought-mentally stimulating graphics/pictures/ images, and
use of presentation software, audio and video recording, collaborative file sharing,
• Use social networking media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and blogs for connecting
with other educators; creating a learning community of SEA teachers; and as a
learning tool for students;
• Share links to online resources regarding HOTS, including access to virtual educational
• Use video and audio features of mobile devices to develop locally generated supplementary
instructional materials, and as a learning tool;
• Access available free mobile education-related applications that might be used to
promote 21st century skills;
• Generate digital portfolios for themselves and their students; and
• Generate innovative ideas for other uses of mobile devices by Southeast Asian
Enrich the perspectives of teachers on the many uses and possibilities of mobile technology for enhancing their own 21st century skills.
Ministries of Education and SEAMEO INNOTECH.
An eReader was developed so teachers can access eBooks from their mobile devices without compromising format and style.
- Seameo Innotech, 2017, MT4T: Mobile Technology for Teachers
- 49th SEAMEO Council Conference, 2017, Significant Policy, Points, Agreements and Actions Taken on Key Agenda Items from SEAMEO Meetings in FY 2016/2017
- Check case studies.
- Upon completion of the evaluation period feedbacks from the pilot schools are gathered and used in refining the resource kit before disseminating to other Southeast Asian countries.
In context photographs (0)
You can use the form below to contribute a photo of this product.
In context files & documents (0)
Feedback from users, customers & distributors
Please let us know your experience in using this product through comments below.